Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie to this site and diesel's ... Just got my dream truck except I really want a 6 speed ... anyway needed to replace waterpump not even a month after buying it which kinda sucks but hey normal wear part maintenance no big deal ... get it be done with it never worry again ... so I change the water pump (fan clutch is a PITA) in doin so I break the oem temp sensor ... go to napa get it put it all back together ... then it wanted to run hot down the interstate but would cool down in the city driving ... hmmmm ... okay bad fan clutch ... do all the test spin it by hand ect. but somehow I convince myself its the fan clutch ... so new fan clutch($200) is in and still wants to run hot ... so I pull the new thermostat and do the boiling water test ... checks out fine ... hmmm ... okay bad sensor ... go to autozone ... they give me the wrong part but looks alot alike (they looked it up wrong) install it NO GOOD :doh: so I go to advance and they have one but its 20 miles in the next town up ... my buddy gets it and brings it down ... its WRONG also :rod: by this time my girl is home and my buddy has helped me figure this out cause my head is SKREEEEAMIN about all this money I have spent to put in a $160 waterpump ... so I go back 20miles up to advance and take the oem part, the napa part(right part just bad) and have the guy cross the numbers and then look it up from scratch and pay attention to what he is doing and the part number was the same all three times ... so I go home and install the sensor ALL IS GOOD ... :woot:

But I feel like I bought a fan clutch($200) for no reason ... times are tight I could have really used that $200 but whats done is done and I have a new cooling sytem basically ... :icon_ford:

This project started on Tues. and ended 8pm Sun. night ... :tard:

Anyway sorry for the long post but I am a happy Powerstroker now :hehe::thumb::hehe:

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Just one of thoes things us parts reaplacers have to deal with.
Congrats on the new rig and welcome to the ORG:thumb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts