Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Beach Bum
26,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the artical says that they have enough stock for em. how ever thats dated in march 07. and last year our ems service hub in tyler quit getting fords and now are driving chevy diesels. their fords are thining out.

redesign the engine compartment and shove that 6.7 in it. there done deal!

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
the artical says that they have enough stock for em. how ever thats dated in march 07. and last year our ems service hub in tyler quit getting fords and now are driving chevy diesels. their fords are thining out.

redesign the engine compartment and shove that 6.7 in it. there done deal!
That may happen. All services around here are sticking with ford and switching to Type 1 rigs:thumb:

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
No they wont. For one reason. You cant get a DMAX in a van chassis either. Never could

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
You have to step up to a medium duty chassis to get a duramax in an ambulance

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
This style is a gasser

This is the only way you get a Dmax in an ambulance

·
Beach Bum
26,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
This is a Ford Type I ambulance

·
Registered
84 Posts
that is actually incorrect sir, I work for an Duplin County EMS in NC. We had a ford van cutaway 6.0 catch fire and burn up the engine compartment. They remounted the box on a chevy van cutaway with the duramax.

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
that is actually incorrect sir, I work for an Duplin County EMS in NC. We had a ford van cutaway 6.0 catch fire and burn up the engine compartment. They remounted the box on a chevy van cutaway with the duramax.
Is it a 4500 or larger? I know we cant get them. Our dept tried to get a bid on one earlier this year

·
Registered
84 Posts
It is a 4500. But is NOT the medium duty one. Onslow county, which neighbors us has the medium duty and one like ours. They like the light duty one alot better b/c of the ride and turning radius.

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
well they aint gassers.

im 100% they are diesels
Odd I know none of the dealers here can get em. In fact they say they arent made:dunno: And thats 6 different shops

1 - 20 of 35 Posts