Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has been having some off and on symptoms of a bad injector. It felt like I was hitting bumps in the road at about 50mph once and every once in a while I can feel a miss while just cruising,Performs well when in to it. It looks like the Stock + from Warren diesel are the way to go. My question is I have to tow about 4-5 hours this wwekend and next weekend is this something I should get changed before hand? Or can it wait? The truck has no codes and runs very well otherwise. Has fresh 5w40 T6 with new fuel filters and I run archoil

Also what are the benefits of the stock+ injectors? Will I need my tuning updated?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,914 Posts

·
Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow!
6,471 Posts
Could just be bad fuel. A bad injector will usually belch smoke (black and white) and stumble under acceleration.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Have you checked codes? It come ld be almost anything fomented our ficm to fuel pressure. Have you done the blue spring upgrade?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I did just get fuel not to long ago. The ficm voltage is constant 48.5 and I do have the blue fuel spring. The stumbling is very subtle and doesn't happen often. The main time being where it felt I went over a few rocks in the road. My CTS shows no codes and the truck doesn't smoke. I just don't want any breakdowns in the next few weekends. Should I just run it and monitor the best I can?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also the truck just turned 52k miles. I only use it to tow so it sits the majority of the week

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
You still need to know what your fuel pressure is. Time for a sensor upgrade for the cts.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok looking at either getting the edge kit or the setup 2 stroker has. Looks like almost $500 for the edge and the adapter? That's with the strictly diesel adapter. I think the cts will be a cleaner install

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 8 of 8 Posts