Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i got a friends truck iam working on 160K and in the morning when he starts it and drives he has no power he has to baby it until he gets to operating temp then while hes crusing with it and hits the gas it blows a little bit of haz smoke and then gets up and goes... So with that being said i hook up my laptop to it and two codes came up (no check light was on)

P0272- Cylinder 4 injector chamber balancing of air and fuel is at fault

P0200- Injector Circuit

So would the cure to this be replace injector in cylinder 4 and fix the injector circuit ( which i dont know where to start with the injector circuit) any help is welcome thanks

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
maybe try checking/cleaning the injector harness first? worth a shot even if it doesnt work. I think it would be pretty obvious if the injector was definitly needing replaced. good luck

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when you say "injector harness are you refering to the FICM injector harness? hes up for replacing and buying new parts so iam thinking if he gets a new FICM injector harness along with a new injector for cylinder 4 that should cure the problem....I just want to get so advice on it before i tell him what to order i want to see what you guys think

·
Registered
260 Posts
Need to get it diagnosed better(buzz test and cyl. contribution). If it is one injector, there is a good chance that one or more of the other injectors on that side will fail shortly. Replacing all of them would be the best way to go if he can take the hit.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ran a buzz a test and everything came back good....as for as the cyl contribution only cylinder 4 comes up as balancing of air and fuel at fault so my guess is cylinder 4 injector is bad hes been driving like this for 10k now and wants to get it taken care of before winter comes and it gets worse

1 - 5 of 5 Posts