Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 F350 with around 102k miles. It has a rough idle @ start-up after sitting overnight. It will clear itself up after driving for about 2 miles OR plugging the block heater in overnight. I thought with the plugging it in solving the problem, glow plugs may be the problem. I had it looked at today and was told the glow plugs are all good and the problem is likely the injector (s) but have to run a test to see which injectors are bad. Would the injector problem go away with plugging the block heater in ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey,
I had 1 injector go bad on my truck 2000 7.3 and for a while it would idle rough when cold, didn't think much about it. then on my way to work it just stop running. took a while for me to figure out what was wrong, but finally I took it into the dealer and I had one injector bad #4, witch dropped the oil pressure in the high pressure oil lines enough to stop all the other injectors from working.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Injectors can cause white smoke on start up if they are wore, ill bet you have a couple contribution codes!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had white smoke a couple times on cold start-up but not regularly. If the injector(s) end up being the problem, would plugging the block heater in "mask" the problem because I never have a problem if the truck is plugged on or throughout the day - just on initial morning start-up after sitting overnight.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Yes, it warms up the oil, and the cylinder is not as cold, so it burns easier, and better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts