Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Well it might help if we could actually view the video. It saya it's private and we have to log in.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Need more info on what was wrong, why did you change the injector.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
which injector did you replace? ex. where was it located? driver side 1st one?
Five is right side, third one. Could be ficm, what year is your truck?

·
Love all, Trust a Few...
4,852 Posts
i know which one 5 is.I was just asking which one he changed some people confuse 7.3 layout with 6.0

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
hehe...ok.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The truck is an 03 268,000 on it its been drove hard its a friend of mine and he hauls equipment with ot he wants to get it running right so he can trade it in on a new 6.7.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Early model ficms could drop one injector at time, on the logic side of the ficm. Load test batteries, check ficm. Ficm logic board may be taking a crap. Ficmrepair.com

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The ficm reads right on the pins I pulled the harness and check for chafing. Could it be possible I got a bad reman injector? Could i pull his ficm and put it on my truck to test the pins even though mine is an 04?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
The ficm reads right on the pins I pulled the harness and check for chafing. Could it be possible I got a bad reman injector? Could i pull his ficm and put it on my truck to test the pins even though mine is an 04?
The chances you got a bad injector ae slim, is it a ford remain? I dont believe you will have any luck testing you ficm logic board side, it would be good if you could put a donor ficm in to see if your code goes away. Thats all you need to do, you dont need to put another in and test the pins? Not sure the 03 ficm will work, if yours is an early 04 it should be ok. Others may chine in. read the info at ficmrepair.com

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok. I will tak a look at the site. Its had the ficm replaced before by ford and when they did it they brike a couple clips on the harness i did the wiggle test but know luck. I am not sure where he got the injectoe or wether its a ford reman or not.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Ok. I will tak a look at the site. Its had the ficm replaced before by ford and when they did it they brike a couple clips on the harness i did the wiggle test but know luck. I am not sure where he got the injectoe or wether its a ford reman or not.
Yea, but if the batteries were bad, that could cause the next ficm to fail. I've heard an odd injector amongst others, could throw a code, not sure how true that is.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The batteries are only about a year old. It would be ideal if i could find out if my ficm would work in that truck. Maybe ford would know mine manufacturer date on mine is early 04.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
If your icp is under the turbo, it should be the same ficm as the 03.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Doesnt matter what year truck the ficm came out of if the ficm is a complete unit.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Doesnt matter what year truck the ficm came out of if the ficm is a complete unit.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Ok, I wasnt sure about the 4 pin vs 7 pin.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can, ford techs talk about doing it. Sometimes that is the best/easiest way to find the ficm logic board problems.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts