Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So driving home Thursday my truck went from fine to no power then died within 30 seconds. I was on the freeway doin 70.

Icp 0 cranking
Ipr is 15 koeo

The truck cranks but no start.

This is a bad hpop right?

I have an 03 6.0
Sct tune kc stage 2 turbo and soon to have ipr oil relocation kit and egr delete with high flow coolant filter

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,084 Posts
Unplug the ICP sensor and see if you can start.

Otherwise, review the no-start thread (link is in the signature).

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
9 hours after tear down. I found an hpop that was let’s say “out of spec” snap ring blew off and the pictures tell what happened

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New cncfab hpop solves the issue. Took longer to put back together because I installed a ipr oil cooler relocation and coolant filter with egr delete. Runs good now just gotta do a full coolant flush now

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Couple weeks on the new hpop and all the ipr stuff. Something blew on Sunday and 16 qts of oil ended up spraying out of somewhere. Can’t find the source. Maybe turbo supply or drain line. Dunno yet. Also think I cracked the y pipe putting turbo on. Bad exhaust leak developing just behind turbo. Still dialing this truck in hopefully this will be the end of my engine problems for a while.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So it ended up being the Vgt valve on the front of turbo needed a few taps. Learned this after completely destroying the insides of the stage 2 kc turbo. Put the stock one on, tap the Vgt solenoid and it ran fine for a few weeks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yesterday a brand new hpop from cncfab took a **** while on the last 10 minutes of an hour long ride home. I’m so bad I want to burn this pos in the street

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so Hpop might not be bad. Apparently it’s a hot no start. Took it to a shop and told the mech that it was bad hpop then 2 hours later it started for him and he called me with some questions. He’s checking for leaks today or tomorrow and getting back with me

·
Registered
14 Posts
SOUNDS LIKE A COMMON ISSUE WITH THESE TRUCKS, WISH THERE WAS A SURE FIX FOR IT :/

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,084 Posts
SOUNDS LIKE A COMMON ISSUE WITH THESE TRUCKS, WISH THERE WAS A SURE FIX FOR IT :/
Your model year has a great HPOP, just prone to leaks in the high-pressure oil system.

There is a fix for the 04.5 and up high-pressure oil leaks ................... called upgraded dummy plugs and standpipes. Also, on the 05 and up, the HPOP discharge STC fiting needs the upgade.

There is also a fix for bad 03-04 HPOP's (Dieselsite pump).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Your model year has a great HPOP, just prone to leaks in the high-pressure oil system.

There is a fix for the 04.5 and up high-pressure oil leaks ................... called upgraded dummy plugs and standpipes. Also, on the 05 and up, the HPOP discharge STC fiting needs the upgade.

There is also a fix for bad 03-04 HPOP's (Dieselsite pump).
I thought those would fix my issue, I've upgraded the stand pipes, dummy plugs and STC fitting within the last 10,000 miles and I just started having a hot hard start issue. That's what I mean when I say wish there was a sure fix cause I tried to prevent this and it still happened to me... more info in my post about the whole scenario if you want to look into it bismic, I need all the help I can get!!!

ww.powerstroke.org/forum/6-0-motor-problems/1375279-glow-plug-change-leads-hard-hot-start.html

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
so Hpop might not be bad. Apparently it’s a hot no start. Took it to a shop and told the mech that it was bad hpop then 2 hours later it started for him and he called me with some questions. He’s checking for leaks today or tomorrow and getting back with me
All those bits-n-pieces from your old pump been going into the injectors and oil rails -- it would not surprise me if you had problems with the IPR or injectors

Everything down stream from the pump is contaminated, and should be cleaned

Could also be from wrestling with the engine harness while replacing the pump, may have caused a short

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As it turns out..... the o ring on the out side of the hpop blew apart. Shop said it wasn’t faulty installation. (I put the hpop in myself) this was causing a hot no start I guess and once oil got thin enough it was ceasing pressure to the injectors

·
Vendor
12,761 Posts
All those bits-n-pieces from your old pump been going into the injectors and oil rails -- it would not surprise me if you had problems with the IPR or injectors

Everything down stream from the pump is contaminated, and should be cleaned

Could also be from wrestling with the engine harness while replacing the pump, may have caused a short
Exactly.^^^^^ 6.0's are alot more finicky than 7.3's when it comes to the HPO system.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts