Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 f-250 psd w/ auto trans. riding on 35" nitto mud grapplers. I have only had it for 5 months and noticed it averages 12.4 mpg. Is this fuel milage exspected from the auto tranny or is there something wrong w. my engine. Everything runs good and the tranny was just rebuilt and pumped up. I also changed all the fluids to see if that would help but didnt. Any help would be great thx.:dunno:

·
Registered
786 Posts
35s aren't helping. Filters and such might give you a mpg, depending on what your driving is.

·
Sparkplugs Not Required
405 Posts
If you are in the colder parts of the country, your going to see worse fuel mileage on winter blend. That's about what I'm getting, maybe a little better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what i dont under stand is my boss has the same truck same tires and everything but he has the six speed. he also is full throttle every where and tows a 8,000 lbs trailer dialy. he avg is 15 mpg

·
Sparkplugs Not Required
405 Posts
How good's his math???:rofl::hehe:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i figured it out w. him its right or close to

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i thought my truck would get around 15.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it seems like alot of people i read about here say they get 12.5 pulling a trailer. and thats what i get without a trailer

·
Registered
43 Posts
Im running 35 nittos and im getting around the same millage according to the overhead computer, i havent had the chance to figure it out the true way yet

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
my 35s must have done a number on my truck. I dont even care anymore though lol

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Guess i'm not the only one with the dumpy mpg then-Sittin on 37's and avg about 13.5 driving 80 miles round trip per day on the hwy.I know if i stay under 1800 rpm and use cruise it does a bit better.The 13.5 comes from about 75 mph avg so am sure slowing down a bit would help.heres the strange part,when i can keep it over 80 the mpg seem to come back up but am worried about that big speeding ticket then.

·
Registered
167 Posts
you might look into which gear ratio you have. ie. 4:10 or 3:73. cause i have the 4:10 and a friend of mine has the 3:73 in his indentical trucks except that, and he always got better than me by just about what yall are talking about. just my .02.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts