Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 95 7.3 Powerstroke and i love the bastard. its my first diesel so i dont know much about fixing them. i noticed yesterday that fuel was dripping from in between the crank case and oil pan. i checked the engine and saw fuel puddled all over the place. the first thing i did was replace the fuel filter. after i replaced it i noticed this black sludge in the fuel bowl. :tard: then i drove it around the block and it seemed like the leaking got worse.....as if when i turned the truck off, somebody opened the drain valve on the fuel bowl!!!! I have the worst luck with vehicles!!! please someone help!!! is it my fuel pump? :doh:

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
WELCOME to the ORG! I'm no diesel Tech but I'm sure someone will be along soon to give you some ideas. :)

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
Could be your fuel pump or your fuel bowl might be rotted out with corrosion, a loose fitting etc. See if you can narrow it down to where its coming from:thumb:

·
haters gonna hate 24/7.
3,801 Posts
Thats good you fixed it.... watch out though on the 1st gen powerstrokes...

The fuel canisters are pretty bad about rotting out on the bottom and leaking fuel real bad.... I just had that happen to me. Had the replace the fuel canister and fuel pump for $1000.... not pretty but i now know a diesel tech that works up at the local ford dealer that will do work for cash....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts