Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this i let my buddy borrow my truck and some dumass pulled out in front of him. What do you guys think? Nobody was injured although I did want to punch the girl who obviously cant drive.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS the frame is bent at the radius arm bracket

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,315 Posts
Dang man! I don't know who to feel the sorriest for? You or your friend? That sux.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Glad no body was hurt badly. That is most important. And I agree with Hank I don;t know who I feel worse for you for having a busted truck, or your friend for being behind the wheel (even though it wasn;t his fault)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
man that suxs...... sorry to hear..... Make sure you choose the shop thats best for the job :wink[3]:

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Good luck getting everything settled. I T-boned a F150 3 months ago when the highschooler ran a stop sign in front of me, still fighting over pennies.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im not mad at him at all, it was definitely not his fault. As soon as he hit the car it sheered off the shaft that goes into the steering box so he could not steer at all. Thats why he ended up in the bushes. The frame is bent pretty good at that drop bracket i hope they just total it out to be honest. We'll shall see.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
that breaks my little powerstroking heart that was a bad awesome truck

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good luck getting everything settled. I T-boned a F150 3 months ago when the highschooler ran a stop sign in front of me, still fighting over pennies.
Is that how you got that fancy new bumper :wink[3]:

·
Registered
795 Posts
thats a bummer man, glad to hear everyone is ok though

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks,

Also side note for you guys, the airbags did not deploy at all. I thought that was kinda weird since it was a pretty good collision, he hit her at like 50mph. It spun that Galant all the way around. Then he went crashing into the woods, but no airbag :dunno:

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
thanks,

Also side note for you guys, the airbags did not deploy at all. I thought that was kinda weird since it was a pretty good collision, he hit her at like 50mph. It spun that Galant all the way around. Then he went crashing into the woods, but no airbag :dunno:
Its because it was a corner impact. The airbags only go off in a mostly frontal impact. That way if your truck spins and you get thrown to the side the airbag won't smack you into the the door.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice, to bad i didnt have one to save my sheet metal. Oh well. How was it having your frame fixed?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its because it was a corner impact. The airbags only go off in a mostly frontal impact. That way if your truck spins and you get thrown to the side the airbag won't smack you into the the door.
Oh I see, i guess thats a good thing

·
Registered
109 Posts
That suck's to see, pulling the frame on these trucks are a ***** because you have to use alot of chains to tie it down with. Make sure you get a print out of the before and after specs on the frame rack.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
That suck's to see, pulling the frame on these trucks are a ***** because you have to use alot of chains to tie it down with. Make sure you get a print out of the before and after specs on the frame rack.
I wish I had done that, but it seems straight from inspection and how it drives. After they pulled the frame all the sheet metal lined back up perfectly. This was the second time the frame was bent, first time was when I bought it totaled and pulled the frame myself, so I'm sure its better now.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.