Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I hauled my buddys (Marker99) truck out so he could work on putting a new clutch in this weekend, then after that my other buddy called and said he thinks he just blew a head gasket. He has a 2004 6.0 with 49k on it and today he was coming down a mountain and he said it over heated then started blowing white smoke. Im assuming it was the head gasket what do you guys think? Sucks too because his warrenty just ran out last month and he just had the egr cooler replaced before that. And he doesnt even have a chip in it :dunno:

Here are some pics of me hauling Marker99 out.... then my pappy pulled it off the trailer with the IH.

·
assistant director
1,053 Posts
is that a 684 IH .I have a 784 4x4 but it needs a motor

·
Premium Member
13,264 Posts
Cool pics. If its blowing white smoke its probably the egr cooler. Do you know if they replaced the oil cooler when the egr went out?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is that a 684 IH .I have a 784 4x4 but it needs a motor
Yes its a 684 4x4
Cool pics. If its blowing white smoke its probably the egr cooler. Do you know if they replaced the oil cooler when the egr went out?
Im not sure what they did, so you think its the egr not head gaskets?
at least its ford pulling ford
true
what size is his stack?
6"
sorry to hear that bud :(
Yeah it happens i guess, just hope mine holds out so i can tow them around

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
That looks like an awful lot of weight for that trailer and on a rec. ball damn. Hope you get it fixed, it's a good lookin truck, real good.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Headgaskets are when coolant pukes out of the degas bottle
ok, got ya

That looks like an awful lot of weight for that trailer and on a rec. ball damn. Hope you get it fixed, it's a good lookin truck, real good.
yeah the trailer actually belonged to my buddy that has the 04 that i mentioned, now he wants me to tow his truck to the shop, but he he has an ext cab long bed so i dont think the trailer will be long enough. the trailer is acually built rather heavy just not quite long enough

·
Registered
215 Posts
Bummer bout the Fords.

That supercab's wheelbase is only 21 inches longer than that reg cab's wheelbase. It'll probably be close but looks like it'll make it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts