Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas im trying to hookup the oem backup camera from a 08 to my 06,and wasa wondering if any of you guys who have done this could lead me in the right direction,i hooked up the positive and ground to my reverse taillight,and ran a rca cable to my aftermarket radio,and im getting nothing,i need help on the wires from the 08 harness,i have a br-wh-gr-wh-br-prpl-blk-and a blk-wht wire,could somebody tell me which wires are positive-neg and so on,thanx in advance sheldon.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
somebody on here has done this,please help.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
back to the top,nobody.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its the factory camera in the 08 tailgate,however i have an 06 with a pioneer touch screen and is capable to run the camera,but i dont know which wires are what on the stock harness.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
look for my posts. I have the schematic posted here somewhere.
otherwise pm me and Ill send you a copy of the schematic

·
Registered
559 Posts
On the pioneer once you have it hooked up, you still have to enable the camera in the menu settings of the radio, for some reason just plugging it in dosent work. Same as with my Iphone, the controls worked, but there was no sound. I had to tell it to turn the input on. I love those pioneers, but way to many functions and choices...

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
"Thanx alot for that schematic sam,i was just wondering if you actually did the same thing to your truck,or does yours already have the camera installed,if you did what i am trying to do could you try to guide me in the right direction,thanx sheldon"
Sheldon,
My install was a stand alone cam in the back retrofitted in a factory 08 housing
an the Screen is the factory NAV unit modded to allow vid input. I did not use the factory wiring I ran my own cable. On your unit. should be pretty straight forward. use the wires listed on the schematic. sig (wht/grn)++and grnd (brown/violet)--for the vid
and power(White/Brown)/grnd(black) to trigger the cams power
then using either the factory wiring or adding your own you will need to convert the factory harness to add a RCA cable or just run your own,
then activate the vid on your Pioneer and wha la. dont forget to tap into the reverse light wire to trigger the reverse cam.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
im interested in doing this on my 03.
Can you do it with the 08 mirror and the 08 tailgate? thats the combo i would like to do. I have a screen but i think the mirror is much cooler.
jarret

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
im interested in doing this on my 03.
Can you do it with the 08 mirror and the 08 tailgate? thats the combo i would like to do. I have a screen but i think the mirror is much cooler.
jarret
oh yea you can do it... but wait till you see the price for the factory parts.
Mirror,Rear cam,Rear latch, then theirs the wiring harness which is gold plated. I priced all the parts out some year ago. and I want to say it came out to over 1700 bucks. 1.7K can buy lots of aftermarket goodies.

·
Registered
559 Posts
$1700 buys in dash sat nav, blue tooth, DVD, Sirius satt radio, Ipod control, color back up cam , day/night vision, on a seven inch display, and if you have the spare time, you can hook your cam to a power mirror base, and make it look far enough down to see your hitch.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
well maybe factory aint all that good then.

fallendown. could you elaborate on the power mirror base

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
you can hook your cam to a power mirror base, and make it look far enough down to see your hitch.
If you buy a camera with a 110 degree view its just wide enough you can see the hitch . got mine off "flee b?y" I think it was 30 bucks delivered
It has Infra red lighting too. it sucks so I added under bumper lights that did the trick for night backups. If I recall I posted my Cam install along with pics and parts. some months ago

1 - 15 of 15 Posts