Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to get new wheel to replace the factory 17" 8 hole wheels that came on my 05 f250. I've found one that i really like but don't understand how offset and backspace plays into wheel choice. I need new tires and plan on going with a 35x12.50. So could someone please explain to me what this is and how it works. I don't want to end up buying a wheel that won't work right for my set up.

Thanks

·
Registered
222 Posts
Are you wanting the to stick out or tuck them?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I'm wanting to get new wheel to replace the factory 17" 8 hole wheels that came on my 05 f250. I've found one that i really like but don't understand how offset and backspace plays into wheel choice. I need new tires and plan on going with a 35x12.50. So could someone please explain to me what this is and how it works. I don't want to end up buying a wheel that won't work right for my set up.

Thanks
This might help some. http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/wheels-tires-brakes/156978-offset-backspace-how-do-they-relate.html

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
you are prob gunna want a 9 inch wheel with a 0 offset. Unless youre gunna lift it a lot of something. Any plans for level or lift kit?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My plans are a leveling kit and run 35's. I don't mind if they stick out a little but not alot. I don't really like the look of fender flares and here in VA. they can be a little picky when getting a inspection sticker.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,341 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bwillis you have a PM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts