·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will running B20 void my warranty?

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Is it sold at the pump or you talking home made? Anything will void your warranty if they feel its the cause of the problem for why you took it to the dealer. What year truck are we talking about? If its an 08 then I wouldnt bother running Bio in it becuase I dont think the motor handles it well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My truck is a 2003 6.0L and I would be buying it from a local pump. I have seen people posting on here, stating that ford allows up to B20. I am just trying to confirm this and was wandering if there is any literature stating that?

G

·
Bio

My truck is a 2003 6.0L and I would be buying it from a local pump. I have seen people posting on here, stating that ford allows up to B20. I am just trying to confirm this and was wandering if there is any literature stating that?
Ford allows B5. If the fuel causes the problems then it will not be covered.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Yeah well with anything there is a massive grey area on the fuel. I have had B100 in my tank and had ford work ont he truck and no one said anything. It all depends on the dealer(s), in your area.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If they void the warranty they have to prove that the failure was direct cause of the modification.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Carefull where u get ur bio diesel from. I got a tank full of 2% bio and 98% diesel and the van runs like beat her badly. No power and even the wimpy Hondas are killing me now. Can not wait until I get the good ole diesel back in her.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Carefull where u get ur bio diesel from. I got a tank full of 2% bio and 98% diesel and the van runs like beat her badly. No power and even the wimpy Hondas are killing me now. Can not wait until I get the good ole diesel back in her.
Something is wrong there. I run about a B13 concentration (5 gals of B100 per tank of ULSD) and my truck runs great. Much Much quieter than it ran even with 2 stroke. I am about to go to a B20 tomorrow when I fill up.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
How much 2 stroke were you adding per tank?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got my stuff threw a commercial outlet.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
If they void the warranty they have to prove that the failure was direct cause of the modification.
That's the way it's supposed to work. In reality they just void your warranty if they feel like it and you have to get a lawyer and fight them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts