Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering about this B1352 code which I am getting with Auto Enginuity, cleared and it came right back.

Was looking under my dash, there is a cut Blue/Pink and a cut black wire over by the brake pedal. Before I was thinking it was from a previous brake controller, but now not sure. The "All Data" wiring diagram 59-1 show the "Key-In" wire to be Black/Pink but thought it could be wrong.

There is also a Blue/Yellow wire cut in two, can see both ends, close to front, over by OBD connector. From the "All Data" wiring diagrams, looks like this might be a horn related wire. (my horn doesn't work, maybe they cut this wire when the horn shorted or something)

·
Registered
227 Posts
blue wire could be to your horn. As far as the code i would not be alarmed it seem to be one of the "ghost" codes. I've had truck with under 5000 miles setting this code. I'm pretty sure that it is the metal tab on the key tumbler loosing contact.

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
key in code is nothing to worry about.. happens when the key dinger circuit is not working properly or disconnected.

not sure about the blue wire, have you tried to reconnect it and see if the horn works?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, yeah on the horn there is something wierd going on, I replaced the horn relay and my cruise started working again, put old relay back in cruise quit. (I put in new clock spring so should be OK up there).

I'll try temporarily connecting the horn wire like you said, but I suspect I will need to be getting up through the wheel house or whatever you have to do to get to those darn horns, wish they had them out front somewhere.

·
Registered
1 Posts
B1352 Ignition Key in Circuit Fault

I have a 2000 Ford F350 Superduty Powerstroke 7.3L diesel dually truck. I used auto engineuity and pulled these codes:

B1352 Ignition Key in Circuit Fault

B1318 Battery Voltage Low (I have two New Interstate-Megatrons-Batteries Fully Charged!)

B1371 Interior Courtesy Lamp Relay Circuit Failure

A year Ago(March 2014) This PSD 7.3l shutdown on me 20 miles from home. Would not start back up. No check engine light on. Lost all power and had to have it towed home.
Has my IDM Failed? I have a Fluke Multifunctional meter. Can this be checked with my fluke instead of going out and spending more money on a power probe tester and accessories?(another $100) if I can check/test my IDM what is the voltage it should read coming back from the injectors. Also, should I undue the battery cables for doing this test? Thank you for any input. diane

Wondering about this B1352 code which I am getting with Auto Enginuity, cleared and it came right back.

Was looking under my dash, there is a cut Blue/Pink and a cut black wire over by the brake pedal. Before I was thinking it was from a previous brake controller, but now not sure. The "All Data" wiring diagram 59-1 show the "Key-In" wire to be Black/Pink but thought it could be wrong.

There is also a Blue/Yellow wire cut in two, can see both ends, close to front, over by OBD connector. From the "All Data" wiring diagrams, looks like this might be a horn related wire. (my horn doesn't work, maybe they cut this wire when the horn shorted or something)

·
Registered
1 Posts
what was your end results? i have a 1999 f350 PSD that is doing the exact same thing shutting down while driving and throwing no CEL with any relevant codes, have replaced CPS,IDM,PCM,HPOP,and numerous other parts with no effect or change

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone figure this out? My E-450 is showing B1352:60 and B:1352:00, "Ignition key in circuit failure". I just replaced the batteries, I'm also getting the low-battery lamp, and it starts... then putters out after a minute or so. When I start I have to prime, and floor the gas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts