Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i need a dimension. anyone with a B&W companion what is the length from the hitch pin to the furthest point on the companion towards the cab of the truck?

This is for the toolbox/fuel tank i am building. i want ot be sure that it will fit later if i decide to get the companion.

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bumpin it back up

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bumpin to the top again

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no one has the companion?

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
I don't even know what it is :dunno:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Is it similar to the flip-over ball?

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its the fifth wheel setup for a b&w it just plugs right into the hitch in the bed of the truck. B & W Companion This is it on another site.

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wanna throw it back up there again... no one has one? i am trying to get in contact with B&W too to see if they can give me the measurement.

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
trying again

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nothing???

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just one to give it one last try

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well sorry no one has been much help to you, and I'm not sure if I can either, but I run just the turn over ball with my tool box and I can tell you that my neck of the goose is probably about 4-5 inches from hitting the box(I mounted the hitch right at where B&W recommendeds, I think it was 46 or 47 inches IIRC), plenty of room to run the goose of course. My truck is also a short bed just as you're is.

So I would think that with the addition on the companion it may come real close to hitting a box when it is installed due to the diameter of the companion.

Now I know you said that you are building a box and fuel tank so my thought is that the typical "long" L shaped fuel tanks would hit the companion for sure. So you will probably have to build a shorter L tank if that's what you plan on doing for a tank style.

I'm actually going to be hooking up my goose this weekend so I'll try to snap a couple of photos with the tape measure to help you out. I know you're looking at the companion measurements but figured I'd try to help.

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the help. i am trying to build a combo tank and i have one L-tank and with where my hitch is right now the L-tank wont even work if i were to haul a gooseneck.

·
Registered
281 Posts
thanks for the help. i am trying to build a combo tank and i have one L-tank and with where my hitch is right now the L-tank wont even work if i were to haul a gooseneck.
Still need any photos or are you all good? Remember I don't have the companion, just the B&W turn over, so it might not be much help

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Just remember if you build a fuel tank, it cannot be over 100 gallons.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts