Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how to get rid of just an exterior layer of rust over the axle?

Was thinking about a good sanding and high temp paint?

Help!?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
A wire brush and a rust nuetralizer will do the trick. Throw on some etch primer and a good rattle can paint and you should be good. Why high temp, are you going wheeling in a lava feild?

THere are several rust neutralizers out there, pretty straight forward application. Eastwood would be a good place to start.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A wire brush and a rust nuetralizer will do the trick. Throw on some etch primer and a good rattle can paint and you should be good. Why high temp, are you going wheeling in a lava feild?

THere are several rust neutralizers out there, pretty straight forward application. Eastwood would be a good place to start.
Read that high temp works best because it won't trap the heat in..
Not too sure that's why I needed opinions :dunno:

·
Premium Member
3,814 Posts
I have found that engine paint works very well from a durability and quality of finish standpoint, but it is not required for what you are doing. I like Dupli-Color satin black.

·
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!
2,068 Posts
Paint the whole underside Ford blue no balls

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have found that engine paint works very well from a durability and quality of finish standpoint, but it is not required for what you are doing. I like Dupli-Color satin black.
Okay perfect, thank you sir! :thumb:

·
Registered
126 Posts
How about POR-15? I am going to power wash my frame, use rust neutralizer, and try that stuff out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts