Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering the average cost of an oil change on the 6.0l, also how frequent do you do the change, do fuel filters at the same time?

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I use Amsoil full synthetics and change it myself. Costs $110 for 4 gallons. I usually go 5-7k between oil changes and 10-12k on fuel filters.

·
Registered
822 Posts
$105 at my local dealer. He has a pretty decent shop, never has stiffed me, though I might go the Amsoil route myself this time, and see what difference it makes.

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
if you do it yourself, iot can run about 60 max using Rotella oil. getting into the synthetics, it can be a little more pricey. going to the dealer is outrageous. its like 80 to 90 or so. i would rather do it myself and save the money. fuel filters, every 15000.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I use Amsoil full synthetics and change it myself. Costs $110 for 4 gallons. I usually go 5-7k between oil changes and 10-12k on fuel filters.
why would u change it so much?

i change oil ($60) 5-6k and fuel filters every other oil change

Matt

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Oil change - $80 dealer, $40 me; every 5k miles, since I tow; 7.5k miles for normal driving
Fuel Filters - $120 dealer, $35 me; every 10k miles, since I tow; 15k miles for normal driving

Fuel filters (and oil changes) are essential to the life of your diesel engine. This isn't like a gas engine where nothing bad will happen if they aren't changed; be sure to do the maintenance! :thumb:

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Most of us like to change our own oil. Not onlt due to cost be we are sure of what goes in. I want what I pay for......if ya get the hint
Have used Castrol Hypuron in past for apx. $70.00 in oil.
Currently using Amsoil for apx. $110.00
Use a GOOD oil filter. IH or Ford preferred!
I'm starting to change oil at 5k but will check oil analysis to see where I am at for curiosity. I change fuel filters at 15K

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
$50 Do it myself. I also agree, use a OEM filter (Ford, Racor, New purolators etc).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts