Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, 08 f250 lariet, and I'm wondering if anyone had put in more switches in the cab, and if so where and any pic? I'm going to be using up all my upfitter switches and wouldn't mind having more for other stuff, any ideas?

·
Registered
258 Posts
i have a hidden switch for my train horn

ill post a pic in a few

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
I have a rocker switch under the steering column for my transfer pump.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright sweet.. See I used a aux switch for my air compressor, and one for the train horn, but I might get a push button and use that for my horn, how are you guys wiring up the switches? Straight from the battery? or fuse panel?

·
Registered
258 Posts
My train horn is spliced into my regular horn, switch off i get my normal horn, switch on i get train horn(normal horn too but its inaudible)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does that work with the remote? So if the switch is on, and you lock your doors or something, the train horn blows? How did you wire it up, i'm interested, and what kind of horns do you have?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Lol yes it does honk the train horn if i leave the switch on (given myself a heart attack the first few times hahahah, but now i sneak attack people hahaha)

ill find the wiring diagram they sent me. I have a kit from Hornblasters(dot)com it was simple and very foward hardest part was mounting the 4 trumpets.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome, I would love to do that... I'm guessing you have the shockers? Thats what I have.. And where did you get the switch? Thats a cool spot for it too! Looks just like a simple toggle switch with a metal toggle from a part store

·
Registered
258 Posts
The switch came with the kit im either gonna trim it down, paint it or get a new one .....

yep nothing special i think they even got them at walmart .....

conductors special 4 horns 5 gal tank...i think they are shockers ....

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I also have the shockers, 5 gal tank at 200 psi. I didn't buy the kit from hornblasters, just the horns. Mounting was a pain, but I found a nice spot for mine under the rear cab driver side door. and mounted the compressor and tank in the bed. seems to be easy to wire up

·
Registered
153 Posts
I currently have 2 of my switches utilized. I also have a seperate Sho-me switch for my LED light bar that has a power switch as well as a scroll switch for different patterns. It is mounted under my dash board cup holders facing my gas pedal.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That looks awesome! I'm thinking something along those lines. just need to find the sweet spot!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
D3VST8R96GT Did you buy any chance look for the wire diagram? I'm going to try it hopefully this weekend and see what it sounds like if i'm going to keep it that way. Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
D3VST8R96GT Did you buy any chance look for the wire diagram? I'm going to try it hopefully this weekend and see what it sounds like if i'm going to keep it that way. Thanks
yeah ill take a pic of it tomorrow before work and post it during lunch :thumb:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome.. I'm off on saturday so I'm going to try to wire it up.. but I am going to take a guess, it goes the the horn wire, to the switch, and to the solenoid, and assuming the power is taken from the stock horn wire?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I used up all of my switches myself ,so found these and it turned out okay, tried to make it look like they belonged there

how did you cut those in there? i have two switches mounted on the panel below but id like to move them up to there so that they are closer. i used up all 4 of my switches as well so i installed two like that below the wheel they run three halogens up front and soon an led light bar :woot:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awesome install, look real nice!! I like the idea, and when I add more lights I think that's where my switches will go!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BIG RED BUBBA.. How did you hook up the lights in the bumper? How did you mount them? Also, you said you have an on board air system.. is it an electric pump? I have electric and want to switch it to one that runs off the engine

1 - 20 of 61 Posts