Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to buy gauges and I'm on between the 7072 and 7075. The 7075 is the ultralites and the 7072 is the z series. Are there any differences? Is one better than the other? Thanks for any feedback!

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
I am getting ready to buy gauges and I'm on between the 7072 and 7075. The 7075 is the ultralites and the 7072 is the z series. Are there any differences? Is one better than the other? Thanks for any feedback!
Take a look at going with the Ford Factory Match combo (7077) for about $20-$30 more. You will be MUCH happier. HERE is a link to the kit.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
No difference in function, just the face of the gauge is different. I have the ultra-lites and I'm happy with them. The small bulb for lighting them came with a red cover and a green cover. I didn't like the red at all but the green cover made the lights pretty darn close to the factory dash light colors.

Forgot to mention that Autometer had great customer service. I totaled my first truck and when I got my current one I called them asking about where I could purchase the pyro install kit by itself. They asked what gauges I had and my address. Got it in a few days and at no charge.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Isspro EV-2... Ford match... 100% made in the USA... Built in LED back lit... Built in Warning lights... Full sweep... Full electric...

Best gauges you can get.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Joe beat me to it. I was looking at Autometers at first and then found the Isspro kit on Dieselmanor's website. Very happy with them so far.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But for $300 i can get a set of fine gauges, why should I could care if the pointer starts at zero, right?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Autometer short sweep...

Isspro Made in the USA, LED back lit, Built in Warning lights, Full Sweep, Full electric gauges...

The $40-$60 bucks is worth the quality to me!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The z series looks better then the phantom though.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
There isn't anything wrong with autometer but...

The ISSPRO EV2 gauges would be pretty close competition to the Autometer Elite series, compare that price. For all the extra that the ISSPRO gauges offer its worth it.

Personally I think the only reason to go autometer is for the factory match gauges if being different is okay with you go with the Isspro. The black ISSPRO gauges are close to matching the factory gauges but not quite.

I've been swayed and I'll be going ISSPRO as soon as I find a Canadian Supplier that doesn't want 2x what they are worth.

·
Banned
1,312 Posts
I've been swayed and I'll be going ISSPRO as soon as I find a Canadian Supplier that doesn't want 2x what they are worth.
call these guys
Peak Diesel Performance, 1-877-858-7325. Your #1 source for performance diesel parts, customer service, and technical help.
http://www.peakdieselperformance.com/Isspro_Gauges.html

i have autometer gauges and wish i'd spent a little extra on the isspro. my boost gauge is too bright at night and the pyro is too dim. i installed a isspro led back lit pyro gauge in my buddy's work boat a couple of weeks ago and it is awesome. it never seems to be too dark or bright. it's always easy to read.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I am going to just say screw it and get isspro if everyone loves them ill get them.

·
Registered
778 Posts
You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wanted to say I bought isspro ev2, and wish I got auto meter. Isspro's clipsense for transmission temp is bull, not even close. On highway the wind cools the sending unit. I know because once i pull off, the last time I watched the temp raise from 100* (lowest point) and raise 40* before I cussed myself and quit watching and drove. The turbo psi starts from 2psi even when truck off key on, it reads normal, but would go below 2psi. That would happen sometimes. I'm trying to get ahold of isspro now to get answers.... IMHO buy autometer. I have friends with race cars running gauges from them 7 years old and still 100% accurate.

·
Registered
778 Posts
It would make sense that the trans reads cooler while driving than when sitting, cause the air is hitting the trans cooler and cooling the fluid like it's supposed to do.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And when it's idling the temps are high as all hell? I'm calling bs. Turn ur truck on after sitting, and let it idle for 2 minutes. Does it raise to 140*?

·
Banned
1,312 Posts
i would say that sounds about right. when mine idles the trans temp goes up to normal pretty quick, much quicker than engine temp. mine is a '03 so i have a trans temp gauge in the cluster.

at idle, it's normal to have a small amount of vacuum so it makes sense that the boost gauge would read below zero. it doesn't matter what it reads when it's off.

i have autometer gauges and wish i had isspro. i don't necessarily hate the autometer gauges but the night time display sucks. if i want to watch the pyro on a long trip at night i have have my cluster lights turned up all the way and the boost gauge is much brighter than the rest when i do this. my next truck will definitely have isspro.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im going to test this theory out... Anyway no it's not reading below zero, it's acting as if 2 is the lowest point on the gauge. Say your giving throttle, it's reading normal psi then you stop at a light it reads 2.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Then I guess my gauges have a problem either way because the trans temp didn't budge after 5 minutes. And boost stuck at 2 again.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
My transmission temp takes an eternity to get warmed up, but the factory gauge says its normal after 5 minutes.
Also, if I manage to get my transmission really hot, say 200+ degrees, the gauge on the dash doesn't budge from where it was at 100degrees.

Steve, do you not have a proper tranny gauge?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts