Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out this moring and started up my 04 Excursion 6.0L PS and the Climate comtrol wasn't working. Nothing on it's display. I checked the fuse, was good. Any idea's? It was working last yesterday when I turned it off.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Turn you headlights on and off at the switch a couple times. I dont know why but that fixes it

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you're joking, right? I've herd of stranger things. But if it works, I'll sware it is possesed.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
i was just wondering the same thing for my dads psd... an 05. i'll tell him to try that... it does the same thing once in a blue moon.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The head is going bad, my dealer just replaced mine under the ESP I have.
That may be true, but, mine has done this occasionally for several years now. It is completely random. I never know when it may decide to act up. Cycling the headlight switch always brings it back. It might act up evey start for a couple of days, then be fine for 6 months. :dunno: I'd sure hate to replace it and still have it do the same thing. Hss anyone ever found loose components on the circuit board like the problem with the overhead trip computer?

·
Registered
14 Posts
This just worked for me!! Thanks Dave

·
Registered
182 Posts
interesting, mine did this first time ever this morning, shut the truck off and it worked when I fired it back up, but I will remember your little trick for next time. Thx Dave!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow it worked

This is a great tip! I got a call from a my frantic wife in San Antonio because it was 105 degrees our 7 month old is crying and the A/C wouldn't work.

After going through normal troubleshooting with her on the phone, 1 am 2000 miles away, i found this on the forum. I am a hero now, thanks guys!

:icon_ford::lol_1:

·
Registered
93 Posts
This has happened to me twice. Once last summer and once last week. Both times it started working on its own. Does anyone know of a permanent fix?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2005. I think I have had to cycle the lights three or four times during hte last 7 years.

First time it was almost new.
KG

·
Registered
30 Posts
So is there a fix to this or do we just keep doing the headlight switch trick?

·
Registered
185 Posts
My 2006 did this for first time last Friday. I pulled into my bank parking lot and checked the fuses and they were fine. I then figured that it was the head unit itself, so I called the dealer and found out that a new unit was over $600. :eek:. I then cycled the ignition from "OFF" to "RUN" two or three times and the unit powered up. My auto headlights do the same thing once in a while.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Mystery cure. How many out there have had the steering column harness replaced? There was an issue with the 03 Excursions that didn't quite make a recall, but I had mine replaced under warranty. The steering wheel controls were going out, which included A/C controls. I'm not sure about other years of Excursions. Just my .02. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
After a very poorly timed bout with the climate control failing, I found this thread. Amazing, glad it worked. How did anyone discover this?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts