Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to start a thread in the new forum for folks to throw out their tips and tricks to using the AutoEnginuity software. Here's mine:

I have found that most of the time that the Auto-Detect does not work for selecting the protocol. Manually selecting the protocol will usually work 99% of the time. If at first it doesn't work, I try it a few times using the table in the help file to determine which protocol to use.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Thanks for the new forum Shawn!!

Unfortunately for me, I don't have any tips or tricks yet. I'm still in the process of figuring out what is sh*t, and what is apple butter :lol:
I gotta start a thread to get my bugs worked out :crazy:

Reactions: john galt

·
Registered
154 Posts
gettn ready to buy mine... so keep the tips coming.... :thumb:

·
Registered
53 Posts
links

autoengenuity has 2 manuals available for download the scantool user guide and the speedtracer user guide.
Downloads

Here is a link to a video of 7.3 injector buzz test.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Has anyone used AE with a Mac? i sent an email to them and they responded with this
"I have reports of users having success with Parallels, VMWare and Boot camp" im not a mac guru but if anyone has used this with a Mac, it some info would be greatly appreciated ..... thnx

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
If Vmware on the mac is similar to windows, you can select the VM menu then removable devices and give the virtual machine full access to a USB device like the AE.

·
ARMY MOM!!!!
3,053 Posts
here are some tests I have pulled off other sites, I will upload more soon:thumb:

IF ....that is what this thread is for:dunno:

Attachments

Reactions: iHenry

·
ARMY MOM!!!!
3,053 Posts
this is for cruise control with the AE

You have to do it in this exact sequence.

Key On Engine Running (KOER) Switch Self Test is a functional test of the PCM performed on demand with the engine running. This test is designed to set DTC(s) if the test does not detect a transition on one or more of the switches. After pressing the trigger to start the test, wait 5 seconds before running through the driver operated
controls to eliminate the chance of setting a false IVS code. The accelerator pedal must first be depressed and released to begin test, then the Parking Brake, Speed Control ON, OFF, SET, RESUME, COAST, Transmission Control or Clutch. The last to be depressed and released must be the brake pedal, which will test both the brake pressure applied (BPA) switch and the brake ON/OFF (BOO) switch.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
ok, question. i was having cold start issues and replaced the icp. i want to set up the ae when its cold out in the am to see if its cleared up.

what parameters should i look at (icp,ipr,ficm) to make sure everything is gtg and if not that i can provide to help diagnose the issue should it still be there?

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, bud. Didn't see this until just now. I did see that you did a datalog in your other thread and I replied there.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Stuck Laurie :thumb:

There is some good stuff in here :nod:

·
ARMY MOM!!!!
3,053 Posts
thank u much............:thumb:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just started using mine-need tips too

Used mine for the first time today. Great diagnosis. I don't know how you could have a 6.0 without an A/E. I will keep coming back to this thread when I figure it out myself.
Any tips will be helpful.
Can U raise the idle using A/E, so I can do a coolant flush without leaving the driveway?:confused:

·
ARMY MOM!!!!
3,053 Posts
let me know what you want to test & I will see if I have it, I have lots more, just haven't posted it all yet

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Definately looking into getting one of these. Gotta convince pops we need one though.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Updates?

Finally got the AE with total ford bundle for PC. I noticed the software from the disk is 9.0.3. According the AE website, the newest update is 9.0.4 should I update to this newer PC software? And is there other updates I need to be made aware of?

·
ARMY MOM!!!!
3,053 Posts
just look at the release notes for the new versiono to see if it includes anything for your truck, if not it will be fine using the disk version.
I only do updates if I need them or if I add a vehicle ie: volvo etc

1 - 20 of 131 Posts