Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there I just had a question was hoping someone could answer. Im looking at a used 6.4 built feb2007. When I was test driving it, it jumps a little when shifting, is this normal with the gearing in these trucks? It doesnt feel like a slip or a hard jerk or anything, just not as smooth as say my Toyota suvs ive had.
The only other diesel or truck at all I have ever owned was a 2005 Dodge 2500. The tranny was pretty much shot on that thing (whole thing besides the cummins 5.9 was falling apart) so I dont have much experience with trucks made to pull.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Mine used to do it every once in awhile shifting from 2-3 but there were a few other people that had this issue. I have not had it do it in a long time so maybe there was a glitch in the stock tranny programming. As for the one you are looking at if it jumps in every gear I can't say that would be normal unless a tuner was just installed and the tranny is still learning.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine used to do it every once in awhile shifting from 2-3 but there were a few other people that had this issue. I have not had it do it in a long time so maybe there was a glitch in the stock tranny programming. As for the one you are looking at if it jumps in every gear I can't say that would be normal unless a tuner was just installed and the tranny is still learning.
I think I may just be used to very smooth shifting, just dont know how smooth it should be really. We were going up pretty steep incline as well. Guess its kind of a stupid question because its hard to say without driving this particular truck, just seeing the general response on if these trucks just shift like that. ill try and test drive a few others and see. Thank you for the response!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I think I may just be used to very smooth shifting, just dont know how smooth it should be really. We were going up pretty steep incline as well. Guess its kind of a stupid question because its hard to say without driving this particular truck, just seeing the general response on if these trucks just shift like that. ill try and test drive a few others and see. Thank you for the response!
No problems! Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts