Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

141 - 160 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Bumping this up for any new info/luck on finding the 1/8 spacer plate? Would anyone at least have a template to get one made?

·
Registered
740 Posts
No the tailhousing is different on the 4x2. The imput shaft is also different on the transfer case it's about 100$ for the one you need.

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bumping this up for any new info/luck on finding the 1/8 spacer plate? Would anyone at least have a template to get one made?
I is doing a 6speed swap right now. Is that the plate your looking for ? I can make a pattern if so. Got mine off a donor truck

·
Registered
10 Posts
the ZF5 and the zf6 have many differences so it would be hard to do.

You dont need a new PCM if you have a chip and have them tune it for the manual
Hey bro first day here. Your computer comment caught my attention. I'm swapping to the zf6 got all the parts. Could you clarify on what needs done to the computer. Talked to a guy about doing the swap he told me a ground needed hooked up, that's all. Any insite on this ???

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
When I did my swap I kept the same auto pcm and wiring harness, I have tunes on my chip for a manual transmission that overrides the stock programming. For the wiring all I did was splice into the auto harness for the reverse lights and ran them to the reverse light switch on the zf6, then to get the cruise to work I had to hook up a neutral safety switch ( the plug is already under the dash) and jump two wires on the back of the pcm.

·
Registered
10 Posts
When I did my swap I kept the same auto pcm and wiring harness, I have tunes on my chip for a manual transmission that overrides the stock programming. For the wiring all I did was splice into the auto harness for the reverse lights and ran them to the reverse light switch on the zf6, then to get the cruise to work I had to hook up a neutral safety switch ( the plug is already under the dash) and jump two wires on the back of the pcm.
Tunes on your chip ??? Wow you got me there. I have an Edge Evolution. Jump two wires, could you be more pacific
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
An edge won't work you have to use a hydra or ts 6 position with tunes for a manual pcm code.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok your out of my knolage base. Hydra, ts 6 position w/ tunes. Where do I do some reading to understand what your talking about. Sorry nothing I can't figure out provided I read up on it. But your talking as if I'm in the loop. Wow for the first time I'm lost on a subject. Please have a little patients with me and if you would be so kind as to walk me through it.

·
Administrator
21,624 Posts
Ok your out of my knolage base. Hydra, ts 6 position w/ tunes. Where do I do some reading to understand what your talking about. Sorry nothing I can't figure out provided I read up on it. But your talking as if I'm in the loop. Wow for the first time I'm lost on a subject. Please have a little patients with me and if you would be so kind as to walk me through it.
Go here: 99-03 7.3L Performance Parts - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Which has threads like this: https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/99-03-7-3l-performance-parts/1267162-php-hydra-who-buy.html

Then become friends with @[email protected]

·
Registered
114 Posts
@Bogmaster If you want to know what needs to be done to your computer for the swap, you need to look at how you are doing the swap.

If you splice the wiring harness for the trans correctly and swap in a manual computer that is compatible for your year make and model then all you will need is a hydra with standard tunes.

If you want to run the computer you have currently you will need custom tunes with a chip (in some special cases I've seen trucks that can just run standard tunes example a VCAB0_02 an OBS auto truck that ran VDAB0_02 tunes which is OBS manual) . Keep in mind if you do this when you turn the chip off or take the chip off the truck wont run correctly..

·
Registered
740 Posts
I finished my swap a while ago but never got around to the reverse/cruise hookup.

Do you have a link or diagram you followed to get yours working? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
I finished my swap a while ago but never got around to the reverse/cruise hookup.

Do you have a link or diagram you followed to get yours working? Thanks
Mine is a 2000 model and from what I understand the 99-01 models are wired the same way and there was some changes on the 02+ models. To get the cruse to work I had to put a jumper between the #29 (tan) and #31 (black with yellow tracer) wires on the back of the PCM. The wires are numbered on the back of the cover, and I also had to get a clutch pedal position switch and hook it up, the plug for it was already under the dash. For the reverse lights the transmission I got already had the reverse light switch on it and I got the reverse light pigtail from NAPA, I spliced it into the two wires for the reverse lights on the auto wiring harness, I don't remember what color the wires were, I just used the wiring diagram from the Haynes manual and it was right for once.

Reactions: BigRed0202
141 - 160 of 182 Posts