Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
I know that there are more cops here. There are many times when you guys make our life easier as well. Thanks for all the guys in blue. Just one pet peeve I have, I hate when cops say..."you can go to the hospital or go to jail." If they have even a partial working brain they will pick the hospital and that means more work for me :lol: Just giving ya a hard time. Thanks for watching our backs :thumb:
If I contact them, and they need to go to the hospital, rest assured it's only to get patched up and then get booked into jail...:wink[3]:...And yes, trauma/ER Docs and RNs always go above and beyond when a cop gets injured, been there a few times. Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Paramedic with Logan County EMS in Arkansas. Also a volunteer on the rescue squad and fire department.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Joe Eastwood
EMT-B just left Hall ambulance after 9 mos. because of pay. tryin to get on with CARE in Ridgecrest about 4-6 mos. till pos. opens up.
Firefighter 1 cert and testing everywhere
Unpaid vol. for local vol. FD

and NO i am NOT just an ambulance driver!- have to tell people this alot

·
Registered
84 Posts
Zach Cornett
City of Big Spring, Tx Fire Dept. 3 Years
EMT-Basic 4 years Working on Paramedic
North East Midland County, Midland, Texas 6 Years

Proud Husband and Father and live every day for my family. For all who dont know the Alon fire which is a gas refinery some how made national news that was Big Sping, Tx. Hats off to all that protect and serve the communities.

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
I'm a Corrections officer and we get sworn in. Do I fit in?
I think the only requirement was to have a job that served / protected the public in some manner. Seems like a CO does this :dunno:,
Craig

·
Registered
283 Posts
Roland Potter
Kansas Dept. of Corrections for 6 years
Master Sergeant
Currently assinged to staff development to train new recruits

:wall: Keep em in so everyone stays safe!

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
I'm a Corrections officer and we get sworn in. Do I fit in?
I asked the same thing. Logan posted saying to post up my info. As we do serve the community. We keep the people the community doesn't want on the streets behind bars. It is a tuffer job then people think.

·
Registered
30 Posts
25 years of volunteer service between and Frederica Sta 49 and Felton Sta 48.
Instructor 2 Delaware State Fire 10 years. Teach Basic FF Skills, Structural, HazMat and Water Rescue.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I asked the same thing. Logan posted saying to post up my info. As we do serve the community. We keep the people the community doesn't want on the streets behind bars. It is a tuffer job then people think.
I was a deputy sheriff / correction officer for a few years before becoming a cop. Yes it was a way tougher job....thats why I made the switch...:thumb: I think everyone that wants to be L/E should start out in the corrections field. I know that taught me alot about the criminal mindset which made me a much better cop.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Agreed - in the field you may encounter the element for short periods throughout your shift - behind the wire they are in your face all day every day. It wears you down pyschologically. Most of my time was spent working rehab units and with their programs. PITA

·
Registered
447 Posts
Certified FF, 18 yrs. of service officially, Didn't keep my CE up after the EMS went paid and let the EMT cert. go, WPVFD

·
Registered
447 Posts
BTW, I think this is a great idea. Can't believe Ive missed this thread for so long

41 - 60 of 230 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.