Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if y'all have seen this but follow the link below, read, and sign to help save our love for diesels and motorsports in general

Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports (RPM) Act | SEMA
https://www.sema.org/rpm-bill-summary

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
21,555 Posts
No offense to anyone passionate about this, but the world has bigger issues.

Out of all the tuned trucks, maybe 10% of us is affected by this, the rest are all breaking the law no matter how its interpreted.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No offense to anyone passionate about this, but the world has bigger issues.

Out of all the tuned trucks, maybe 10% of us is affected by this, the rest are all breaking the law no matter how its interpreted.
Of course the world has bigger issues and this was never meant to be perceived as the only one of any importance. This is, however, a simple thing that one could do to help aid in saving a sport that they care about. Passing along information is all. Good day!

·
Hate stupid people
8,503 Posts
there will be a 50 state mandatory inspection on all diesel pick up trucks soon with hefty fines/vehicle confiscation to anyone riding dirty on anything that had government mandated emissions, i.e. EGR/DEF/DPF AND removed.

I hope i'm wrong, but in early 2000s no one would have thought that within a couple years all diesel trucks would have those restrictions on them

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there will be a 50 state mandatory inspection on all diesel pick up trucks soon with hefty fines/vehicle confiscation to anyone riding dirty on anything that had government mandated emissions, i.e. EGR/DEF/DPF AND removed.

I hope i'm wrong, but in early 2000s no one would have thought that within a couple years all diesel trucks would have those restrictions on them
And it won't stop there. They're trying to take away tractor pulls, drag racing, offroad vehicles, different motorsports in general with their new version of the written law. It will also affect truck shows, after market support (as it is currently), et cetera.

·
Registered
294 Posts

I hope your wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
And it won't stop there. They're trying to take away tractor pulls, drag racing, offroad vehicles, different motorsports in general with their new version of the written law. It will also affect truck shows, after market support (as it is currently), et cetera.

I wouldn't go around putting my name on a bunch of list Uncle Sam can rifle through later on. Id much rather just vote for the right local, state, and federal officials and hope they stay true. There was a big article about how the feds were asking for the info of users who downloaded the target aps where you put a bracket on the firearm with your phone mounted for a virtual target practice etc. Just go out and use the limited voice you have to vote for the lesser of two evils. I may come off as paranoid but the more you sign yourself up for stuff the more of a target you become. Vote for others to become the target.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
And people wonder why 6.0's, 7.3's, 6.6's (non DPF) and 5.9's are still selling for $15k-$???? because of crap like this. Pretty soon we'll start seeing the 6.5 DD's going for money like that.

Just kidding.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't go around putting my name on a bunch of list Uncle Sam can rifle through later on. Id much rather just vote for the right local, state, and federal officials and hope they stay true. There was a big article about how the feds were asking for the info of users who downloaded the target aps where you put a bracket on the firearm with your phone mounted for a virtual target practice etc. Just go out and use the limited voice you have to vote for the lesser of two evils. I may come off as paranoid but the more you sign yourself up for stuff the more of a target you become. Vote for others to become the target.
I agree with you but this isn't a government site. Yes, it is better/safer for you to write these letters in person and send them to your government officials but I highly doubt that SEMA is in cahoots with Uncle Sam. They are hugely affected/worried by this as we are and are trying to make it easier for the average joe to stand up for what he believes in by doing the hard part. Either way, I just wanted to pass it along to those who might wanna participate in helping the sport(s). If nothing else, maybe it will open the eyes of those who think that this isn't a big deal and that it'll never come to fruition to see that it is affecting a lot more than what they realize.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts