Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Maybe I'm over reacting, but when one of our customers post pictures on his FB page of parts he got from us and another vendor (not a vendor on here) post asking this customer (who owns several fleet trucks) how much he paid for the parts. I got kinda pissed off, I wasn't about to start a FB battle ( especially on our customers FB page ) but just thought I'd get some opinions from other vendors to see if maybe I'm just getting worked up over nothing. This particular vendor doesn't have any original ideas he just copies other peoples parts and isn't truly even off the ground yet but is trying to get his own customer base from I believe other vendors regular customers.

It just angered me, he tried to play dumb by saying he wouldn't try to sell parts to someone that already has them but he knows damn well that they have multiple trucks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sucks, but it happens all the time dude.

It kinda burns me a lil bit too when i see guys im friends with buying parts from other guys.. but at the same time i sit back and think that well Im not the only guy they are friends with. and even had one of them tell me that he tries to spread the love between vendors.

also you have to keep in mind that some guys will price shop the hell out of us all trying to find the lowest cost.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sucks, but it happens all the time dude.

It kinda burns me a lil bit too when i see guys im friends with buying parts from other guys.. but at the same time i sit back and think that well Im not the only guy they are friends with. and even had one of them tell me that he tries to spread the love between vendors.

also you have to keep in mind that some guys will price shop the hell out of us all trying to find the lowest cost.
Oh yeah I fully understand that, it was the asking him what he paid for it like he was going to intentionally undercut us on future purchases that pissed me off. I have no issue with my friends or other customers buying else where when ever. I just don't think its very cool of another vendor to go to one of your customers and give them the shake down on what they spent so he can try to price snipe me.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ah yeah.. sucks that some guys in this industry are shady.

I hope it was not us. if it was i apologize in advance
LoL no not any of you guys, not even a big fish really. In fact I don't think he is even a vendor on here. He is more of a flea in this market but I don't know how he expects to get anywhere acting like that in this business.

You guys have always been a class act on anything that I have seen BTW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts