Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i am wanting to put on the home made exhaust brake i dont want a toggle switch i want the switch that are on truckes that have high low rear ends that are electric i want it to run up my stick on my manual tranny can anyone help with a site or can get ahold of one get back with me please

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Get a three way toggle switch. Mount it to your stick. That is all I can think of. Unless you find one at a big rig part store.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
okay i am wanting to put on the home made exhaust brake i dont want a toggle switch i want the switch that are on truckes that have high low rear ends that are electric i want it to run up my stick on my manual tranny can anyone help with a site or can get ahold of one get back with me please
IF your refering to big trucks(big rigs), whatever you want to call them, the exhaust brake/jake break is not on the gearshifter. Its a toggle switch on the dash most of the time, or some sort of switch, so i am not sure what your refering too?:dunno:

The only thing that is on the gear selector on such trucks is the high/low selector, and the splitter if its a 13, 15, or 18 speed.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
IF your refering to big trucks(big rigs), whatever you want to call them, the exhaust brake/jake break is not on the gearshifter. Its a toggle switch on the dash most of the time, or some sort of switch, so i am not sure what your refering too?:dunno:

The only thing that is on the gear selector on such trucks is the high/low selector, and the splitter if its a 13, 15, or 18 speed.
He is wanting the switch for the high/low selector for the trans which is mounted on the gear shifter.

You are correct the Jake Brake High/Low is a toggle switch mounted on the dash.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on older grain trucks there is not a toggle switch its just i thing that you can pull up for on and push down for off it goes right on the side of your stick so you dont have to reach around for it

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
help a website maybe i know you guyies know what i am talking about and is there a right up just on the two way on off switch not on off on i want to wire it direct with one on off switch

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
help a website maybe i know you guyies know what i am talking about and is there a right up just on the two way on off switch not on off on i want to wire it direct with one on off switch
I have no idea what your talking about. The only switch like waht your talking about that i know of, is the older stucks with 2 speed rear axle, that have a pull out type switch deal that mounts on the gear shifter. you pull it out to go into high in the rear axle, and push it in for the low.

I have never seen a exhaust brake/jake break thats mounted on the gear shifter that you just push in or pull out.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Is that what your wanting, the high/low range selector for 2 speed rear axle trucks?

Because if you are i'm pretty sure those switches weren't electronic. They were either air activated, or cable activated.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats what i want is the high low electric so i can make homemade engine brake

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they are electric we have 3 grain trucks that are electric

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
thats what i want is the high low electric so i can make homemade engine brake
I'll the rear end selector's i've seen our all air actuated or cable actuated, or as far as i can remember thats all i've seen.

I'd say your best bet would be to just get a tobble switch that you can flip, and mount it to your gear shifter. That would be the easiest may.

You may try a big truck parts store? thats the only other idea i have for you.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
okay you mean just make my own bracket and mount and where is a good write up on just that they have one for on off on switch i just want for on off

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
okay you mean just make my own bracket and mount and where is a good write up on just that they have one for on off on switch i just want for on off
Yeah, i'd say your best bet would be to just make your on braket and mount.

As too a write-up, i haven't ever seen one. I'd say your prolly going to have to figure it out on your own.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there is one on here but one goes to your brake

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
there is one on here but one goes to your brake
I'm saying in terms of what exactly you want, your prolly going to have to figure it out yourself, unless you can get ahold of the person who did the write-up, maybe they can help you.

you ahve the link to that write-up your talking about?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I drove wrecker about a million years ago. Okay, the late 70's. We had an F600 with a 391, 4 speed with a split axle. I believe the actuator on that was electric, and it was mounted on the shifter.

You can get push/pull switches and make your own bracket. Here's one place:Switches
You can google for others.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Look on jegs for a B&M T-handle shifter knob with a transbrake, nitrous, etc... 12v momentary switch built in. My buddy has on on his Dodge for the exhaust brake it works great!

Try this
shifter knob - JEGS High Performance

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think you guyies so very very much i knew you guyies could help

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
those switches are electric and vaccum for the onld grain truck 2 speed and i have no idea where you would get them i could probably get you a use one my uncle owns a truck junk yard

1 - 20 of 27 Posts