Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the older ATS kit installed in late 2002 so i still have the garret turbo that came with the kit for my 92 7.3 IDI. What kind of boost psi are people getting??? I have my boost gauge plumbed into the pressure chamber and i can barely get 2 to 3 psi with my foot to the floor?? doesnt seem right ??? Ant wastegate adjustment, can i disconnect it?? Any info would help???

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I have the older ATS kit installed in late 2002 so i still have the garret turbo that came with the kit for my 92 7.3 IDI. What kind of boost psi are people getting??? I have my boost gauge plumbed into the pressure chamber and i can barely get 2 to 3 psi with my foot to the floor?? doesnt seem right ??? Ant wastegate adjustment, can i disconnect it?? Any info would help???
thats not right. is that in neutral or driving?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That driving psi!! Had the turbo rebulit bout 2 years ago?? I can hear the turbo spool not much play if any on the intake side of the turbo?? Not sure whats wrong

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
You are definatly not getting enough boost. What are your fuel settings? Ie...is it turned up?

I would check the up pipes, and tighten them down. I've had mine come loose and lost a lot of boost. Check the intake hat, as sometimes they will loosen up and leak were it seals against the intake manifold. Lastly, take your intake off and look at the compressor wheel, with the motor off, obviously, check it for play. If you can move the shaft so the wheel hits the housing, then it needs rebuilt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts