Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have been out beatin' the absolute snot out of the new truck. So i figured i would give her some much deserved TLC. When I was changing the oil I noticed what looked like a exhaust leak around the downpipe. No big deal right, but I can see a flange or anything the put a gasket in or a flange to tighten down. Does this sound right? To me it looks like the downpipe just slides into the compressor housing. I mean it was late, but I think i saw it right. Hell its cheap enough through ATS the big downpipe os only like $90 through ATS. Any ideas fellas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same issue, it looks like an exhust leak with a lil bit of oil coming down the pipe??? any answer to this would be helpful to the 2 of us???

·
Registered
35 Posts
The only help i can provide is i did some research here while back wanting to install the ats downpipe on my truck i dont believe it is made for our applications 84-93.5 yr model diesels if you are referring to a powerstroke then it would fit i know it take some whoopin on the cab to make it fit on the obs powerstrokes but as far as your leak it sounds like its leakin where the two pieces of the downpipe come together as far as removing it there should be a clamp holding it to the housing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts