Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well im looking to buy a complete new transmission for myself for my birthday and figured if im gonna do it ill do it right and go all out hehe. So im looking at ATS/Suncoast and a few others, does anyone recommend a good company for this other than the 2 above, it looks like these 6.4s will be pushing over 500 easly and I don't plan on stopping till around 600-700. Any ideas?

Thinking so far:
2003.5-08 Ford Superduty 4WD Stage 4 Auto Trans Package. Includes:
- ATS Built 5R110 Auto Trans
- ATS 5 Star Viskus Clutch Drive Torque Converter
- ATS Extra Deep Transmission Pan
- ATS Billet Flex Plate
- ATS Billet Input Shaft
- ATS Billet Intermediate Shaft
- ATS Billet Output Shaft
Ill call suncoast and ask them too

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Anything but a purple trans!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill rattle can it to make sure its not purple just for you lol

Suncoast not very talkative today lol kinda like pulling teeth asking him questions but oh well

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Its not the color, I would not recomend them any product from ATS, I used to work for them and seen a lot of BAD customer service when it comes to a trans. Just my opinion....

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Call Brian at BTS and see what he can do for you. He builds great trannys and stands behind his product.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I had a SunCoast V in my GMC 2500, it was the best thing I ever bought I had it installed by Suncoast in FL and those guys were awesome! The tranny held up to some abuse!

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
yeah, i wouldnt recomend ats. but BTS or suncoast are good.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, i wouldnt recomend ats. but BTS or suncoast are good.
I have talked to suncoast before and there never every talkative about there stuff, I told him I was looking for something thats gonna hold up if i beat on it like crazy and he was like, "yep pay an xtra 1k and get the compition tranny", dunno the diffrence between the two but im guessing its billet maybe ill call again tomorrow since I gotta head to work now

·
Registered
450 Posts
Idk we've had good luck w/ ATS parts, and as far as cust service goes that's fairly good as well. i mean they will pay for the pick up and labor if there are any issues no questions asked to an extent...doesn't get much better than that. we sell about 4-5 a month and never have any issues, cheaper than them too btw :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
I would recommend Suncoast b/c I own a full transmission and parts in 4 vehicles I like there stuff I think you get what you pay for and Suncoast is the olny seller of the clutches for the 5r110 so if you get clutches from somebody it came from them. I've seen ats facility on trucks and other programs it looks real nice but from everyone that has bought there stuff its the opposite of what I expect. I also heard and read that Brian tranny's @ BTS are unbreakable and a lot of guys are running them so it would be worth it to call him also. When my tranny in my 08 gets around 50k I will be putting in a full suncoat tranny.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've heard the name John Wood before....is there any info on him or does any have any experience with him?

Yea John Wood specalizes in PSD trannys, pretty good website, just kinda lookin for more of a known tranny company just incase, plus JW is in Cali and SCoast is a lot closer.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Suncoast all the way! The guys are great there. Ron and I worked together to put the new 8 stud converter together for these 08 trucks, nothing but GREAT things to say about the whole crew at Suncoast.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
i built mine myself using alto power packs. i couldnt be happier. I just called up discountpowerparts and Larry and I figured out everything i would need for a new trans. only thing i wish i had a warrenty.

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
IF your trying for 600-700hp your only choice is to take out the trans and replace it with a early 4 speed auto. If you try to use antibody's Tq shift it will not survive..long.
I would talk to John Wood before you decide what to do.
Tunning is the key to make this trans survive under 500hp.
And most tuners don't have a clue.

Cary

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Yea John Wood specalizes in PSD trannys, pretty good website, just kinda lookin for more of a known tranny company just incase, plus JW is in Cali and SCoast is a lot closer.

John wood is one of the best known ford tranny guys there is. period Hes gonna build ya the best tranny and stand by it:thumb:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts