Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I got an ATS Stage 6 Trans and it is now slipping (truck in sig). It is slipping because I was pulling the yellow truck in my avatar and the rear part of the trans pan seal let loose causing me to loose a bunch of fluid. Of course I didn't notice till it was too late.

I have read numerous horror stories about ATS transmission and a bunch of good stuff about them. I am going to rebuild mine for now (if I continue to have problems I am going to go with a BTS trans). I was wondering what you guys would recommend doing to it when I rebuild it. It should only need new clutches and bands, all hard parts should be fine at this point. What are your guys' recommendations for the best, heaviest duty, clutches on the market? I will also be replacing the torque converter just to make sure there isn't any junk caught inside it (I have an ATS Five Star triple disc full billet torque converter and it is still under warranty so I am just going to warranty it when I do the transmission).

So basically what clutches are the best?

Is there anything else I should do while I have it apart?

I am new to transmissions I have done two chevy 4L60E transmissions before but I had a trans guy right over my shoulder walking me through it. He is going to help me with this trans as well but he has never pulled a Ford trans apart so we are both a little weary of the task so any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,
Jared

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Called and talked to ATS last night and they said that if I cover shipping and the cost of parts they will rebuild the trans for free for me (no labor cost). I have the torque converter under warranty so that will be free. All I need to buy is there clutch/rebuild kit for $575, accumulator rebuild kit $88, and a new high pressure high volume heavy duty pump $435. So long story short it will cost just about $1100 plus shipping and have a basically brand new ATS Stage 6.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts