Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought all three to see if i could mayb get some better fuel milage. I havnt had it long enough to determine the milage, but i did install the intake manifold, and ats housing at the same time first this weekend. Shipping took FOREVER but the lady at XDP diesel was great!! her name was Tracy and she did everything she could to help.

After the first two installed it sounded good with a little whistle like everyone said, only at high rpm's though. The cfm intake was a pain!!! i had to ******* it and cut some of it to make it fit!!! very upset about that after spending that kinda money, and didnt know the cold side was a heat treated plastic instead of cast. also the threads are HORRIBLE and strip bad because its plastic. so dont reccomend that.

Tonite i finally got the last package which was the AIRAID intake. It now sounds AMAZING!!! still has the beefy 7.3l sound with an awsome whistle. Now it sounds more like a jet! i was dissapointed at first but after the install it was great! The AIRAID is definatley true to its name!!!
thought i would post because before i bought everything i couldnt find any threads on these items very good. Thanks XDP for the great items.

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
My cfm fit in perfect and no stripping involved

·
Registered
344 Posts
thats gotta suck,you blew damn near 750 on parts and in the end only one actually does anything.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think what these guys are trying to say is why/how did you decide on these parts????

I guess If I had no time and a lot of money Id just start throwing money at my truck....but what else is done to the truck before these mods?

·
Registered
344 Posts
im just as guilty of doing this. on my sti i went through 2 turbos and 6 exhaust systems before i found one that worked as planned. its all part of the game. just busting your balls.although the cfm does look good under the hood.

·
Banned
1,919 Posts
He shoots a benelli, of course he has money. I'm poor so I shoot a super x3

·
Vendor
276 Posts
i just bought all three to see if i could mayb get some better fuel milage. I havnt had it long enough to determine the milage, but i did install the intake manifold, and ats housing at the same time first this weekend. Shipping took FOREVER but the lady at XDP diesel was great!! her name was Tracy and she did everything she could to help.

After the first two installed it sounded good with a little whistle like everyone said, only at high rpm's though. The cfm intake was a pain!!! i had to ******* it and cut some of it to make it fit!!! very upset about that after spending that kinda money, and didnt know the cold side was a heat treated plastic instead of cast. also the threads are HORRIBLE and strip bad because its plastic. so dont reccomend that.

Tonite i finally got the last package which was the AIRAID intake. It now sounds AMAZING!!! still has the beefy 7.3l sound with an awsome whistle. Now it sounds more like a jet! i was dissapointed at first but after the install it was great! The AIRAID is definatley true to its name!!!
thought i would post because before i bought everything i couldnt find any threads on these items very good. Thanks XDP for the great items.
We really appreciate the support and thanks for coming to us! :thumb:

Please tell me more about this CFM manifold. Cutting? I don't recall ever running into fitment issues with them before. Would you be able to pm me your order info so we can look into this?

Thanks! -Jeff

·
Govy Magnet
718 Posts
I too did not have to modify my CFM intake. Its strange that you had to cut into it. Did you notice any EGT drop?

~Phil

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
Hour and a half two hours

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea what happened was it wouldnt seat low enough into the valley and it was like half an inch to tall to line up with the housing. So i cut the entire square peice the cast (hot side) sits on to help lower it...then after i did that i barely fit...i just clamped the crap outa it....very dissapointed though. Im a certified mechanic so its not out of my element at all...i even used it with the cfm boots.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CFM

We really appreciate the support and thanks for coming to us! :thumb:

Please tell me more about this CFM manifold. Cutting? I don't recall ever running into fitment issues with them before. Would you be able to pm me your order info so we can look into this?

Thanks! -Jeff
well maybe from what everyone else is saying i had a unique fitment problem...it just sat too high from the turbo housing to fit together right. It would not go any lower and i did everything, then resorterd to cut the pedastal that the cool side has for the hot side to try an make it better. I only had certain time off work so sending back would have taken to long. And the sensor would not go into the provided hole straight. kept leaning...just aggravating after a 400 dollar part...but thanks for the message. Idk if you can do anything bout that.

·
Banned
1,919 Posts
I could have told you from the beginnin that it was a waste of money. 400 dollars could have got you s rr but instead you got that

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
whats s rr?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
explain what it does? ive heard ccv mod, ebv mod, im gonna do ebv, then woods valvebody.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts