Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at buying a new converter for my truck...just from reading it seems like both ATS and Suncoast build nice converters..although ive heard local diesel shop guys says that ATS stuff is weak and only marginally better then stock. any experiences? I use my truck for towing, racing, and transportation. might get into a little sled pulling later to... and also want to get the best converter for harnessing the new spartan 310 and high horsepower. which one is best?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I would also say suncoast, everyone that uses there stuff seems to be happy. With ATS it is a 50/50 split of reports from people that have used there stuff some love it and swear by it, others hate it and will stop at nothing to put clint out of business:dunno:

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Suncoast for sure. I have heard of a few problems with the ATS (like that its the same converter that goes in the 6.0 5R110)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow screw ATS anybody who is close with EPA is a schmuck in my book. Suncoast it is then!:icon_ford:

PS not to ask a stupid question but when you order something like a torque converter (ATS) or elite turbos what is a core charge? is that the cost of the stock parts that they modify or something?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wow screw ATS anybody who is close with EPA is a schmuck in my book. Suncoast it is then!:icon_ford:

PS not to ask a stupid question but when you order something like a torque converter (ATS) or elite turbos what is a core charge? is that the cost of the stock parts that they modify or something?
It is a charge that they will charge you for the modified parts, and when you send them your factory part in good condition, they will refund you the core charge.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I would do the suncoast, ATS will sell you a 6.0 5R110 which isnt the same.

·
Registered
725 Posts
SUNCOAST V, thats what I ran in everyone of my lifted trucks and never had a problem with one of them....:thumb:

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
I would do the suncoast, ATS will sell you a 6.0 5R110 which isnt the same.
I have heard the same about ATS. The info I got was that ATS doesn't have a converter that is appropriate for the 5R110w, pretty much that it is no better than the stock converter...if not worse

1 - 10 of 10 Posts