Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done it? Are they worth doing or just a waste have the heads off to do the studs and gaskets all ready.:dunno:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump::bump:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well I don't know how much this helps but, I basically asked where to get the coolant recirculation lines and I was informed that they really weren't worth the money. There is no proven data that this will even make a difference, and one guy mentioned the idea of drilling into his heads just didn't seem worth consequences of something going wrong. If anything did go wrong, you would be buying yourself some new heads.

I opted to stay away from this. Only because of the reaction I got from the other members.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Actually man, if you go to the general 6.0 discussion you will find this thread I am refering to under "Coolant Recirculation Lines". I started the thread. I hope this helps! :thumb:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I put coolant lines on my truck. I made my own because they are pretty much a couple of fittings and braided lines. I haven't noticed a difference in coolant temp's, but it was something I wanted to try. I mainly use my truck for towing so I thought it would be helpful to pull heat out of the head.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a thread going on this right now. title: "ATS Coolant Recirculation Kit???"

·
Registered
38 Posts
Coolant recirculation lines

We have used our own kit on every head job we do. ARP head studs , OEM gaskets, heads decked, and our recirculation lines, and have been problem free. Most of the trucks are 450 to 500 hp range, there are a couple at 600 to 700 hp and still stroken.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I made my own setup also. Chose to run mine under the intake to keep them out of sight. Didn't want more stuff running everywhere under the hood.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Now that is a cool idea but I have an EGR Cooler in the way.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I bought them and installed them when I had my engine out 2 years ago. I think it was worth it. It makes sense if you look how the water jackets can form a hot spot in the rear because the water has nowhere ago.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I made my own setup also. Chose to run mine under the intake to keep them out of sight. Didn't want more stuff running everywhere under the hood.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
This is awesome! Any more info/pics on where the lines are tapped into the heads and where they run to?

Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts