Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since all the off road diesel threads have been showing up someone mentioned something about ATF leaving the same dye color as offroad diesel. I mentioned to my friend that has been running used ATF he started freaking out:rofl: will it show that same dye color as off road diesel:dunno: Or will fade when reqular #2 is added:dunno:

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lots of looks but no thoughts?? Maybe a :bump: might help.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Since all the off road diesel threads have been showing up someone mentioned something about ATF leaving the same dye color as offroad diesel. I mentioned to my friend that has been running used ATF he started freaking out:rofl: will it show that same dye color as off road diesel:dunno: Or will fade when reqular #2 is added:dunno:
Tell your buddy not to worry, I ran heating oil all winter before realizing it's not worth the fine on the little bit your saving each tank. Run a few tanks of road fuel (clear) and change filters if u want to be safe, but ? is why ATF? I'd rather throw a quart of 2 stroke in there for lubricity which is formulated to burn. Good Luck:thumb:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
ATF if supposed to clean injectors....

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Probably so being as it is formulated to do just that (clean injectors)

·
Registered
521 Posts
The Diesel in Az is Green. It would take alot of ATF to change it to red.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I think it would have a pink hue to it but I doubt it would look like red dye at all. Red dye looks like Kool-Aid but if you got green and red and mixed it then it would make ???

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I ran off road for a while, when I switched back to the green fuel, after two tanks, I still had a little red color in my fuel filter bowl.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts