Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I built my own setup in my truck, dual stage, I will get some pics tonight. I bought a pump and float switch from devilsown, fast shipping, great to deal with!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts

Devilsown pump, works great, running it at about 125psi $120

3/8" inline filter, should pick up anything terrible before pump $3

8gal. Tank, I picked it up at either tractor supply or nothern tool, cant remember, but it was like $30

Hobbs style switches, I got them off coolingmists website, both for like $45, I tried the ones NAPA had but wasnt to thrilled with them

A brass T splits the pressurized line to each of the selnoids

2 Water selnoids I got from Mcmaster supply $75

Nozzles came from McMaster too, like $3 a nozzle, I bought every size they had, I am still experimenting with sizes

All in all so far I like it alot, I have been using 0F or -32F windshield washer fluid. The small nozzle I have coming on about 6psi, bigger one adds in at 18psi, I am thinking I am going to swap out the big one to one size bigger just for those WOT runs. If you are not a fan of wiring or fine tuning a system, buy one of the controllers, or just a kit. I am a third generation electrician in the making (lol) and it was cake for me.... but not so much for others. I have 2 switches in the cab, and a relay for key on power, three led's one for low activation, high activation, and one for low water level. As far as performance, I am able to stay in it longer, picked up about 3 lbs of boost, towing is awesome now. I pulled a 12k load (mini excavator) for 3 hours just Monday and sprayed the small shot the whole way, and big one came on when needed, I had no problems pulling that load 85-90 to pass people, and best of all never exceeded 1200F. Any questions feel free to ask, I'm not too good at the whole "write-up" thing.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
does the kit shut off if the tank goes dry?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
No, we designed our system to say on just incase its able to get more fluid out of the tank. It will not harm our system to run with no fluid to go threw it. There is a fluild level input on the controller that will light up an led when fluid level switch is grounded out.

·
Registered
856 Posts
i have been thinking about picking up one of your kits. I dont tow so im really just looking for performance. What kind of added horsepower will i gain, and how much for a decent kit?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I bought a used snow kit off Craigslist for cheap. It only has one nozzle I can't feel or see any difference when it comes on. What size jet do I need and how much would it be for about 7 foot of line and a tee and recommended jet size. I believe my currant jet is a 640 .

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
i have been thinking about picking up one of your kits. I dont tow so im really just looking for performance. What kind of added horsepower will i gain, and how much for a decent kit?
Sorry for the delay i would sujest one of our progressive kits. As of hp increases.

I bought a used snow kit off Craigslist for cheap. It only has one nozzle I can't feel or see any difference when it comes on. What size jet do I need and how much would it be for about 7 foot of line and a tee and recommended jet size. I believe my currant jet is a 640 .

yea yoru going to need at least 2 jets. I would recommend starting off with a 20gph of nozzle size. I would assume you have a 10gph nozzle already. Call us and we can get you fixed up. The nozzles are 20 and the y and tubbing is 7.50

·
Registered
109 Posts
my uncle has one of these and he says that it is the way to go. ive been thinking off putting one of these on my obs. so if you buy a nozzle that is lets say 15gph and is set a 10psi of boost, will it really run through a tank in under an hour because i hit 10psi just driving on our highways around here.next questions is some people say meth and some people call it alcohol. do they both work?

41 - 52 of 52 Posts