Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Has anyone with a obs with no cooler installed one of the kits? If so, what kind of temp drop did you see? My truck has stock sticks, adrenaline, 6637, and as free flowing exhaust as an obs can have. I know it says up to 250* drop, but how close to that is realistic? Looking to run just water for the cooling.

·
Rangers Lead The Way!
11,655 Posts
How well does this deal with over all engine temps? i have an OBS with a superduty intercooler. stock injectors. my egts never get over 1000 no matter what i do. I wouldnt mind seeing a drop in engine temp. will meth do that?

·
Registered
270 Posts
would i be safe with out studs? and wat kit would u suggest for me

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
so what mix should I use for the track and what kind of gains will on see on my 1/4 miles?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
would i be safe with out studs? and wat kit would u suggest for me
water injection is a supporting mod. I would say that if you just put it on and don't go crazy with increasing the boost more it will actually be easier on the head studs. Bascily in a nut shell the water injection decreases the iat 100-200 degs. So your doing better here. But the power gains people get with it is they usually then after installing it turn the boost and timing up to make more power. this is where you stres the head studs because of the extra pressure. So its all in how far you go with things. If you want alittle hp out of this or you want a lot. Head studs are a pretty important thing on these motors. So its something i would still say i would get if i was you.

I would recomend our dvc100 kit. DVC-100 Water-Methanol injection system Devilsown

How well does this deal with over all engine temps? i have an OBS with a superduty intercooler. stock injectors. my egts never get over 1000 no matter what i do. I wouldnt mind seeing a drop in engine temp. will meth do that?
Its not going to effect you engine coolent temps very much unless you are getting it to crep up when going up grades. The cooler intake air temps will help the motor last you longer.

so what mix should I use for the track and what kind of gains will on see on my 1/4 miles?
I recomend a 20/80 mix for around town and 50/50 for the track. Honesty no real good numbers i can give you. It all depends on other factors like how much boost you add more timing you run etc. This mod does not dirctly add power if you just bolt it up. It allows you do be more agressive with boost and run more agresive tunes like crazy larry etc.

·
Rangers Lead The Way!
11,655 Posts
thats what im talking about. we have some longer hills here in PA and well my temp doesnt rise out of normal but id like to see it stay down. Im pretty sure im gonna go with the DVC-100 kit here soon

·
Registered
142 Posts
DevilsOwn, Thanks for starting this thread I have a few questions concerning a water meth kit. Please dont through me under the bus but I got a Free water meth system made by company S.... would you be willing to answer some basic questions for me??

1) Mine comes with just the filters in the nozzles, your kit has a seperate filter. Is it just an inline filter before the pump? How fine of screen does it have? I think it would be a good idea to add one.

2) I really have no idea where to start with nozzles. My truck is a 04 6.0L, stock injectors and turbo, run an Xtreme street tune from Innovative.

3) What is a good baseline for EGT and Boost turn on. I was thinking 1100 for EGT and 20 psi for boost??

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
No worries, they do make a decent kit.

1. We have a 120micon filter built into self sealing bulk head. Self Sealing Bulk Head Devilsown Then the nozzles use a 40 micro screen to catch anything that will not pass threw the orfice.

2. I am not sure what nozzles come in there kit. We send our kits out with 3 nozzles and 5gph 10, and a 14gph nozzle. snows largest nozzle is a 10gph "625cc/ml I would start with that and what ever small nozzle came with it.

3. I think your going to want the start point to be what ever boost range tad lower 15psi or so.

If you got any other questions let me know.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just got a kit and have a 03 6.0 powerstroke with 190cc injectors and a vgt ss turbo from elite and runs river citys xtreme tune. Were is the best place to put the nozzles at?

·
Registered
222 Posts
i was also wondering were the best place to install the nozzles on a 99 superduty

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts
On the 6.0, put them in the aluminum intake elbow :nod:. Don't know about the 7.3, but after the intercooler, and as close to the intake as you can get, is what I hear

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Kits are going to come with the hardware to hook 2 nozzles up. I like putitng one nozzle near the outlet of the intercooler and putting the other nozzle as close to the intake as you can get it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
you wouldnt happen to have a picture of a 7.3 superduty engine bay and you could paint in were you would put them?

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
im all about doing longevity mods, so i wouldnt be running this as a hp increase.. So what about running just water all the time in a daily driver? Good idea or bad? I feel like rust is somehow gonna be a result even though its a mist thats burned quickly?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I don't have any pics handy. I hardly get any pics from people after they by the kit and go down the road.

Yes you want to run this daily. This is what makes your motor last longer. You not injection much more water than whats natural going to get in when its raining out side.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts