Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking around for a good place to mount Snow Performance Water/Meth injection controller at, and I really didn't like any of the places that I could put it. I tried on the top of the dash, but didn't want to see that thick cable running across the dash, tried on top of the steering column and didn't like that. So I was messing around and it ALMOST fit into the ash tray... so I pulled the ash tray out and grabbed the dremmel, I cut off the sides and also the good 1/2" of the retaining clip to make it flush. Now I can run the controller cables right under the dash and connect right up to the upfitter switch cables, and through the firewall. All I gotta do is mount it in with tap nice and snug. Also if you cut some more of the back off of the side closest to the steering column you can route the cables right through and not even see the cables at all.

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
There goes the warrenty for cutting up that ashtray:hehe: Looks good:thumb:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, well if I had a warrenty... shhh

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
looks good! how do you like the water/meth? notice a big difference?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its all hooked up minus tapping it into the upfitter switch and the solenoid/pump so ill finish that all up before the traction bars, and steering stabilizers come in friday :D

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
looking really good:thumb: so when are you gonna dyno the thing?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Prob. never unless its at an event, ill post up track times as soon as I get em.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I am curious to hear more about the water/meth stuff......interested to hear how the power is of course...but also interested to hear how it effects the fuel economy....I tow my toyhauler a good bit and if this would increase the MPG I get as well as get me even more power, then I think I will go after this as well.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am curious to hear more about the water/meth stuff......interested to hear how the power is of course...but also interested to hear how it effects the fuel economy....I tow my toyhauler a good bit and if this would increase the MPG I get as well as get me even more power, then I think I will go after this as well.
Im on my way down to FL this coming up weekend so when I get it all hooked up and filled ill post up some info if I can get some meth in time.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think it will be to noticeable of a gain in MPG but it will keep your EGTs down and a good little bonus to HP

·
Registered
402 Posts
wow very cool install spot I like the way you think Itrying to figure out where to put my snow controller thanks for the help !!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can you show pics of the install under the hood. Did you have to weld on bungs or just tap the inlet tube?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just drilled/tapped and slapped some JB weld on them, i know not the prettiest but i zoned out while tapping alittle and it had wiggle room lol. lemme take a picture then ill post it up

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
I don't think it will be to noticeable of a gain in MPG but it will keep your EGTs down and a good little bonus to HP
That's what I am curious of. I'm thinking adding the meth would increase EGT but just spraying water would lower EGT:dunno:
Are you mixing your own meth? What ratio?
Great location to stash controller!! Me Likie!! Now I know where I can hide my next mod from wife:hehe:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alright heres the down and dirty on the water/meth.

Mix it yourself:
49meth 50 water (I personally and many other people will never run over 50% meth)
Buy it premixed:
Snow perfermance or misting cool whatever you wanna do

The water in the mix will cool down the engine and lower egts, so the more water you run the cooler you can get the engine, to a certain extent.
The meth helps in the explosion and adds more fuel into the engine which makes a bigger reaction and ups the power.
Don't run the meth injection if your shutting off the engine with in like 5mins let all the water/meth burn out before hand.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts