Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are in the works for the 6.4L and an ETA of release is March 2009! This came from my ARP Rep that stopped by he asked if there was anything we were needing so I said matter of fact I do! He got on the phone and got me the information! I know I will be buying some immediately how about everyone else?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I may need them, mine spewed some coolant the other night but hasn't done it since I replaced the coolant bottle lid, hoping that was the problem.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Ill be buying them for sure, just to minimize down time. May slap them in when the heads are off

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ill be buying them for sure, just to minimize down time. May slap them in when the heads are off
Are you having problems, why are you taking your heads off? (I know that was probably a dumb question but I don't follow the threads on the 6.4 much......I have 6.0)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
No problems what so ever. Injectors/push rods/springs/cam.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I think I may need them, mine spewed some coolant the other night but hasn't done it since I replaced the coolant bottle lid, hoping that was the problem.
I doubt its a headgasket....highly doubt it.

I am glad they have some in the works...for those that have issues when you go back you can go back with studs...or if your tearing down to do mother mods then its nice to have then there....but no way in hell would I or would I recommend anyone to buy teh studs and install them by themselves...no one....no one has blown the headgaskets due to too much power just yet.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Any word on cost yet?
I would guess around $5-600 once they are ready.

But your looking at $1500 min to pull the cab and put it back on not counting the labor to pull the heads.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Just wondering looks like cheap insurance if you have the cab off. If i do injectors then i will deffinatly be picking up a set and have them done at the same time.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Sticks can be done cab on....so sve the money...but I agree if I pull the cab to do fuel or turbo upgrades then I would do the studs.

·
Let's Run'em
17,845 Posts
Sticks can be done cab on....so sve the money...but I agree if I pull the cab to do fuel or turbo upgrades then I would do the studs.
Studs and Sticks can be done cab on much easier than people think.
Totally agree on the sticks being down the the cab on, you get the battery boxes out of the way and you open up a ton of room........I'm not too sure about the head though. I'm not saying they can't be done, but with the headaches and the amount its going to take, might as well make it easier on yourself and take the cab off

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Totally agree on the sticks being down the the cab on, you get the battery boxes out of the way and you open up a ton of room........I'm not too sure about the head though. I'm not saying they can't be done, but with the headaches and the amount its going to take, might as well make it easier on yourself and take the cab off
Yeah you might can pull the heads with the cab on but I dont see you sliding them on over studs with the cab on, and I have not seen anyone say they have removed the heads with cab on...injectors yes.

But hey give it hell....really the studs are not even needed unless you pull the cab of for turbos and fuel upgrades so IMO its an irrelevant argument anyhow.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts