Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm planning on doing both these mods in the neart future, my question is, if I had to pick one to do first based on budget, which one should I fo? I realize the studs cost about twice what the egr delete kit does. But which one would be more crutial to protecting my heads? Any info would be great. Thankyou

·
Registered
202 Posts
It would be easier to do at same time to me,already there with studs might as well save and do both. Hate a month later having to go back into that horrid engine bay.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Gauges or monitor FIRST!!! Without gauges/ monitor, your driving blind! You need to see the health of the motor, so you'll know when it's time to pull the motor apart, youll know what has to be updated/replaced.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Gauges or monitor FIRST!!! Without gauges/ monitor, your driving blind! You need to see the health of the motor, so you'll know when it's time to pull the motor apart, youll know what has to be updated/replaced.
:agree: Gauges are a must for any 6.0L owner!

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Agreed on the guages. You may need to work on other things once you have a good monitoring system. You can't beat the Edge Insight CS or CTS but if money is tight you can get a ScangaugeII for about $160 and an analog EGT.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Just bought an 06 6.0
Can you use the isapro performax gauges with the 6.0?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Also are there any videos of doing the head studs,EGR delete & oil cooler???
Is it possible to do the head studs without removing the cab from the chassis?

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Yes while difficult it is very possible to install head studs without lifting the cab. I just recommend using a engine puller lift to get the heads out and back in as they are very heavy.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
do egr delete as soon as possible, do studs when you have the time and money, you dont have to dig all that deep to get to the egr

1 - 12 of 12 Posts