Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys got a scan tool on my truck a few weeks ago to check the pressure at crank.From what I have read it neededs 450-500 psi to start well I was getting around 2000 psi at crank what is this an indication of? Bad IPR or what? The truck I'm working on is the one in my sig. Won't start unless plugged in have replaced glow plugs, uvch , new GPR, pulled injectors had them flow tested and cleaned and brand new batteries still won't start. Finally got yo test the pump today hoping it would read low and it's reading at over 2000 psi.

This weekend I plugged the truck in to make sure it would start so I could check the pressures again. I was still getting some high pressure readings between 700-1000 psi then it would fire off. What is my reasoning for having such high pressure when I only need 500psi?

Also the ICP sensor is oil soaked on the inside could this have something to do with my problems?

One final question when shutting the truck down i noticed that my pressure would drop off and make its way all the way to 0. Is this normal having the pressure bleed off like that or should it hold pressure?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on guys I know someone out there has to know whats going on here any input would be great!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TTT Someone help me out here!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Oil soaked icp can mess with things, sent my truck into monster lope mode, died then wouldn't start, changed icp, and all was better, check the wires and connector too, you might also need to wire in a new sensor plug in

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I plan on getting a new sensor and wiring to the connector also thank you for the input! Anyone have any info on the pressure numbers that i am getting?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts