Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new (2010) Lariat CC. Are the seat parts that feel like leather (front & rear) really all leather? I think I read somewhere that only the seating surface & seat back are leather. I'm trying to determine what parts of the seats I can use Lexol on. Thanks.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Im pretty sure you can use lexol on everything. It wont damage any of the vinyl parts. Thats what i do, havnt had any issues yet.

·
KING of BLING!
1,630 Posts
The interior tech at my local ford dealer said the lariat seats are leather in front and vinyl in the rear. Said they use high quality vinyl and you wouldn't be able to notice the difference. I guess that is why the rear seats are always in better condition than the front ones. Maybe the fx4's are different.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
I have a new (2010) Lariat CC. Are the seat parts that feel like leather (front & rear) really all leather? I think I read somewhere that only the seating surface & seat back are leather. I'm trying to determine what parts of the seats I can use Lexol on. Thanks.
99% of the autos out their that claim to have leather are not "ALL leather"
In fact in all my years doing Interior work I have yet to see any American made auto post 1970 thats "ALL LEATHER"

Also, many cars have leather thats coated with vinyl. this is so the dealer can tell you its Leather. When in fact it is... But not quite the Leather you were hoping for. Just remember the Dealership is just that... they are not experts in/on leather. At least not in my part of the woods.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Usually leather means "seating surfaces" only unless you order "full leather" as in a Porsche. I have doubts as to whether the rear seats on my Lariat are really leather or just look-a-like vinyl.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Don't the King Rach models have "full leather"?

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
the back seat in my lariat doesn't really match the front so its got to be vinyl.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Can I get the front seats covered in what my back seats are covered? What will that cost me? Vinyl lasts longer....

·
Registered
128 Posts
My head rest were vinyl as were the surrounding bottom, the backs of the front seats were also covered in it. The rear seats in the truck were similar. Due to a someone getting into my truck with a tool hanging out of there back pocket, I had all of the seat recovered in 100% leather looks just as good as factory. Also had the center console recovered.

·
Super Moderator
2,181 Posts
I sent an e-mail to ford on their web site asking them how much of the lariat seats were actually leather? Needless to say I never received a response.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
you can use the lexol on the entire seats. Although that would be a waste of lexol. The Facings. ot the actual part your sit on is leather.
Then both the sides and the back of the back are vinyl.

So Lexol on the actual leather and something high in silicone content for the vinyl Make sure and buff off the excess silicone.
Its ok to get the lexol on the vinyl, BUT NOT OK TO GET THE OTHER PRODUCT ON THE LEATHER". (Other == Silicone, Armor all or whatever etc... )

1 - 14 of 14 Posts