Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '06 Lariat has a trans temp and boost gauge on the dash. Do I still need the aftermarket ones?

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
O yes you need to monitor your egts! engine gas temptatures and a factory tranny gauge really isnt the best. i would get the fuel pressure instead of the boost b/c you already have it and its fairly accurate

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
O yes you need to monitor your egts! engine gas temptatures and a factory tranny gauge really isnt the best. i would get the fuel pressure instead of the boost b/c you already have it and its fairly accurate
What is that?:confused:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Yes, in a genral sense. That's why they call them "Dummy Gauges"
I as the rest would reccomend after market gauges for precise points:thumb:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know I need the egt gauge but wasn't sure how to fill the other 2 holes.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
The trans temp guage was explained to me as an operating range gauge. it stays stable for a 30 - 50 degree range, anything above and it starts to move. so they aren't very accurate. don't know it for fact but it was explained bya ford master tech.

·
Registered
529 Posts
What is that?
i think he means exhaust gas temperatures? he did say egts:dunno:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I'd get the triple w/ egt/boost/trans temp. If running a tune and pulling, The tenny gauge will come in handy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a tranny temp gauge and the factory gauge. When towing I have watched my aftermarket tranny gauge go up as much as 30 degrees higher than normal and the factory gauge does not move at all. I would get both.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have an 02 and my tranny temp is always in the mid range, from a dead cold start in the earliest morning of winter, always, never moves!! thanks a lot ford for that false sence of security!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts