Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a Bluetooth PID reader that plugs into the obd2 port. It works fine but I'm having trouble finding an app that will allow me to see oil temps and coolant temps side by side. Also one that shows trans and ficm voltage would be nice. Of course free is better. I will be giving the thing to my sis in law who just got an 06.
Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
i just bought a Bluetooth PID reader that plugs into the obd2 port. It works fine but I'm having trouble finding an app that will allow me to see oil temps and coolant temps side by side. Also one that shows trans and ficm voltage would be nice. Of course free is better. I will be giving the thing to my sis in law who just got an 06.
Any suggestions?
What device are you using? Android or iOS? I like Torque Pro for Android, forscan is also an option.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,450 Posts
Torque Pro for Android on the play store is $4.99
if you do the Google Rewards, then that stuff is free for the credits they pay for your opinions
you do know that the phones track all you do anyways

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm using Android.
If I purchase the app can I transfer it to someone else? I bought the thing for my sis in law but want to get it set up for her first.

·
Premium Member
11,680 Posts
No, you can't transfer. It would need to be setup on her account.

Reactions: Wyomingcowboy

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, I bought the reader from BAFX Products on Amazon and she downloaded the app. The app is kinda confusing but the only 2 PIDS that we can display that I care about was ECT and EOT. It reads ECT just right but it only displays a dash for the EOT, and we can't change the units to Fahrenheit either. I verified that the sensor works by plugging in my edge CTS2. (She needs an oil cooler something fierce!)
Any ideas why the EOT won't display? I have free returns from Amazon and am thinking I'll just send it back and try again unless there's something I'm missing.

Thanks

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,782 Posts
One of these two equations works. I just can't recall which one. Oil temp is an extended PID. Did you install the Extended PIDs?

Engine Oil Temperature​
Short Name: EOT​
PID: 221310​
Units: °F​
Max/Min: 250.0/0.0​
Equation: (((A*256)+B)/100)-40​

Engine Oil Temp​
EOT​
PID: 221310​
Unit: Deg. F​
Max/Min: 300/0​
Equation: ((((A*256)+B)/100)+40)*(9/5)+32​

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,782 Posts
This thread should help:

·
Premium Member
3,450 Posts
What app? Torque?
You need to go into options and select the Ford specific pids to see all the readings

Reactions: letsmow10
1 - 9 of 9 Posts