Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a 7" or 8" lift and 37" or 38" tires, how tall is your truck?

Hey guys,

I recently built my first home and have a three car garage. The third space has a 10 foot tall door, which I had built specifically so I could park a lifted truck inside. I'm just wondering how tall your vehicles are, or if any of you can fit them into a 10' garage door with an 8" lift and 38x13.5x20 Toyo's on it. I'm also looking at a 7" lift with 37x13.5x22 Toyos, or the 8" with 38x15.5x20 Toyo's but I feel like the 15.5" wide tires will give too many problems with rubbing.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well my stock truck which is 4x4 is 6'11". I know these trucks lifted can get pretty tall, but I doubt it would be 3' taller than a stock truck. I'm sure someone will know for sure though.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Wish I had That kind of money. My truck will never fit in my garage. Lol

Not lifted our trucks are nearly 7' tall plus or minus a few inches depending on stock setup. U do the math from there. I think u will be more than ok with a huge lift.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Yeah you should have plenty of room.

·
Boost Professional
151 Posts
Im not sure what inch or brand of lift I have but my truck is 7ft 8in tall and the distance from the center of the hub to the top of the fender well is 38 inches. My tires are Toyo Open Country M/Ts 37x13.5r17. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I am just under 8' to my headache rack and fit in an 8' door open all the way. If i lost the rack i could fit in an 8' door with a few inches to spare. I know on the new house i am building it will be 8 or 9 foot doors and 10' ceilings just to fit my truck lol.

Sent from my DROID2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
will a 8 inch lift and 38s scrub real bad?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys.

I haven't had a truck for about 3 years, had a 03 Ram 3500 with a 5" rough country and 35's when I was at University. Glad to be getting into a truck again so I can buy a sled again :please:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Go 8 inch mines 8 fabtech radius arm lift 38x14.0s no rubbing. top of cab with sunroof titled is about 8ft i think the rize lifts are a bit taller though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts