Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im ordering the Mini Maxx and a 5 inch downpipe back exhaust I have a buddy with a shop and a lift and I'm going to do it myself instead of having our local performance shop do it. Can anyone give me step by step instructions to disconnecting all the stock exhaust and sensors properly and what to do with them? And also can you drain the rest of the urea in the tank or will I have to siphon it out? Just want to do everything right I'm on a tight schedule and can't afford not having my truck for a day. Any help or links are appreciated guys

·
Registered
23 Posts
Let me kno how it goes I'm thinking of doing the same.. What type 5" down pipe u going with?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
99 Posts
I did it with a buddy and I, on the floor with no lift or special tools in about 4 hours. This is mechanics 101, very easy and nothing to be wary of. Just use the search function here to see what other guys have said about the delete process.

All of what you are looking for has been talked about in the past.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did it with a buddy and I, on the floor with no lift or special tools in about 4 hours. This is mechanics 101, very easy and nothing to be wary of. Just use the search function here to see what other guys have said about the delete process.

All of what you are looking for has been talked about in the past.
I'm deleted as well, and I was wondering what you did to drain or remove your DEF tank? I think DEF freezes at 14 F and it rarely gets to that where I live but I wouldn't want to worry about it if it did!

·
Registered
24 Posts
As far as removing the exhaust... disconnect all the wires first then un-bolt the exhaust hangars themselves... WAY easier! My DPF tank is still on the truck, didn't bother with it till I have more time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts