Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just put an exhaust on my truck today. Its a stock DP (getting the 3 inch next week) that goes to a 4 inch straight pipe then right before the axle turnes into a 5 inch and then has a 6 inch tip... The funny thing is I had 2 people ask me if I put a 6.0 in my truck!!! lol??? :crazy: My truck is the extended cab long box so the exhast is very long but still anyone ever had the happen to them?? just curious!??..:icon_ford:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Nope, not here. Just got 4" all the way back. I've though about 5", but I know that 4" straightpiped produces quite a bit of sound. I think the closest thing to what you've done, would be running stacks.

And if you're getting questions now, wait until you get the 3" DP in.:crazy: It sould get even better.:D

mike

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
I dont run that I just run a straightpiped 5" with 3" DP, your turbo will whistle pretty loud straightpiped, it will be even louder once you do the DP

·
Registered
125 Posts
yeah the turbo whistle is very loud with that setup, i have basically the same setup but the turbo sounds much different from a 6.0 most likely because the 6.0 is pushing more boost haha but with a tw chip on the 7.3 the turbo sounds much louder :woot:

·
Registered
345 Posts
lets see some pics brotha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.