1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have not used that one, I have the sinister kit and personally I like the 1 piece design more than that setup, even if it is $100 cheaper.

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
I would go with RCD, because that is actually their design. Another company that was mentioned here (I will not mention their name) also used/stole RCD's design, so I would support the real maker of this EGR delete. I have RCD's kit in mine and it works great, and it's not much more expensive.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the feedback I was already looking at the RCD kit. I just wanted some opinions on this kit. I will be ordering the RCD kit today and hopefully getting my dealer to put it on when they re-install my studs...

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
I appreciate the feedback I was already looking at the RCD kit. I just wanted some opinions on this kit. I will be ordering the RCD kit today and hopefully getting my dealer to put it on when they re-install my studs...
So did your EGR Cooler rupture and blow your HG's? That's the only reason I could see why your gaskets would blow with ARP's. Did your Oil Cooler clog and then cause the EGR Cooler to go? Or what? I enjoy hearing these stories :hehe:

You won't be disappointed with the RCD kit!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both heads were warped and cracked EGR cooler blew and oil cooler was trash. Awesome day in the F250

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
Both heads were warped and cracked EGR cooler blew and oil cooler was trash. Awesome day in the F250
I feel ya pain brotha. Mine was completely stock, down to the exhaust, and she took out the HG's, Oil Cooler, and the EGR cooler all at once. That's when the upgrades began :evillol:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have this kit, Money is tight and this was the right price, Also, the weld quality is spot on. Good kit for the price.

The materials on this kit must be less than $30-40 to make, so Me paying 299 is out of the question.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I agree with the comment above about the one piece unit as well, I also don't like the idea of capping the up pipe like some of the cheaper kits do, I think that will lead to failed bellows as there is nothing to support that section of the up pipe. Also I bet that RCD did not compensate any of the guys on these sites that did the original crack pipe mods...that is were it really started...

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
I know you guys are trying to support RCD and all. But honestly its RCD's fault their kit was copied.

If they didnt want it copied they shouldve patented it.

If you want to go with that style delete. Go with whoever is more cost effective

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I wasn't trying to bash the other kit or support RCD i was just saying i'd stay with a company that is reliable. With someone that doesn't have a known name it's kinda iffy with me IMO, but to each his own :thumb:

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
I wasn't trying to bash the other kit or support RCD i was just saying i'd stay with a company that is reliable. With someone that doesn't have a known name it's kinda iffy with me IMO, but to each his own :thumb:
I wouldnt exactly call RCD reliable though either:doh:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
RUH ROH, I must have missed something :doh:

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
RCD has its good days and its bad days. Especially when it comes to injectors

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
RUH ROH, I must have missed something :doh:
Uh-Oh, I guess I missed it too. And I'm about to pull the trigger on some of there 8-hole 155cc injectors...

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Uh-Oh, I guess I missed it too. And I'm about to pull the trigger on some of there 8-hole 155cc injectors...
Make sure you get the ones with the one year warranty :thumb:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I prefer to use the this kit on ebay item #200496616984 because it use's factory blue twist lock hose instead of hose clamps and a piece of rubber hose.

·
Registered
212 Posts
That is a good style/kit also i think it is all preferance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts