Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6" Radius arm system on my truck. I am wanting to buy some traction bars and I was wondering if anyone has used Fabtech's bars? Any help or advice would be great. Thanks Matt:icon_ford:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I was originally looking at the Fabtech's to match my suspension system. But I'm looking more at the OUO version now. Just appear sturdier and they don't hang down as low as the Fab's do.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OUO?????????

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
i had fabtechs bars. when i bought them, i wasnt told if i had the overload spring in the rear(the big thick spring in the pack) that they wouldnt fit. so i had to send them back. the spring would contact the bar when the truck was sitting still.
I attached a picture to show what leaf in the pack i am talking about.

Attachments

·
Registered
577 Posts
i had fabtechs bars. when i bought them, i wasnt told if i had the overload spring in the rear(the big thick spring in the pack) that they wouldnt fit. so i had to send them back. the spring would contact the bar when the truck was sitting still.
I attached a picture to show what leaf in the pack i am talking about.
Off topic sorry, but just FYI your blocks are installed wrong, the block with the bumpstop arm (stock block) should be on top. If not then it would have to travel how ever many inches your lift is past the point where it should have been stoped just to contact it. Mine were istalled the same way and I had to redo them myself with the help of some buddies.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
OUO?????????
One Up Offroad, a user on here, DCSpecial works for TruckToyz. He can set you up with OUO, Rize, Icon, or others that he/they sell.

Anyway, they have a really cool way to configure exactly how you want the traction bars to look and connect. Unfortunately, I always have a hard time finding it on the webpage. Hopefully he'll chime in or someone else with the link will chime in.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
im aware of that, and unfortunately that is what happens when you do not pay attention to what your buddy is doing. that lift is also no longer on my truck

·
Registered
577 Posts
im aware of that, and unfortunately that is what happens when you do not pay attention to what your buddy is doing. that lift is also no longer on my truck
10-4 :icon_ford:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts